LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2004, 10:45 AM   #31
tigerflag
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Distribution: PCLinuxOS 2012.08
Posts: 428

Rep: Reputation: 30

What a great site. Good job!
Thank you!

Siri Amrit
 
Old 07-26-2004, 08:05 AM   #32
equilibrium
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2004
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 40

Rep: Reputation: 15
instye, seems you need more bandwidth
 
Old 07-26-2004, 08:38 AM   #33
insyte
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2004
Distribution: Slackware Current
Posts: 308

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally posted by equilibrium
instye, seems you need more bandwidth
Yah, just got back home.

Saw that I couldn't even open my site.

Anyway, I'm transferring to another web host (they're offering free unlimited bandwidth) hope its true.
The first one offered 200 MB bandwidth. I didn't think I was going to need more.

So for the meantime, the site is down. Will upload it after a few minutes.
 
Old 07-26-2004, 08:46 AM   #34
CrAzY G
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 41

Rep: Reputation: 15
If you need a place to host a site with cpanel 9 and basically everything you can get.. just ask. I have about 30GB extra bandwith and about 2gb free space.. YOu can use a bit of it Great site!
 
Old 07-26-2004, 10:27 AM   #35
equilibrium
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2004
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 40

Rep: Reputation: 15
is there a host that *actually* provides unlimited bandwidth :S
 
Old 07-26-2004, 12:01 PM   #36
insyte
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2004
Distribution: Slackware Current
Posts: 308

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 30
Thanks for the offer CrAzY G. If ever I have problems with this new server, I will.

Site is up.

http://www.insyte.uni.cc

Check it out
 
Old 07-26-2004, 04:09 PM   #37
jymbo
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2003
Posts: 217

Rep: Reputation: 30
A suggestion, if I may, that your audience might find helpful regarding the NVIDIA installation and/or editing xorg.conf:

- To prepare for and enable the NvAGP module (in place of agpgart)

1.) Edit /etc/rc.d/rc.modules and comment-out the line "/sbin/modprobe agpgart"

2.) Add agpgart to the hotplug blacklist (so it doesn't get loaded by the hotplugging daemon) by doing #echo agpgart >> /etc/hotplug/blacklist

3.) Remove the agpgart module by doing #rmmod agpgart

4.) Add this line in xorg.conf after Driver "Nvidia":

Option "NvAGP" "1"

(I also add these, but they're purely optional):

Option "RenderAccel" "On"
Option "NoLogo" "On"
Option "IgnoreDisplayDevices" "DFP,TV" (CRT and non-digital LCD)
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT" (CRT and non-digital LCD)

Great site BTW...I learned a good deal about the lilo boot graphic. Thanks!

Last edited by jymbo; 07-26-2004 at 04:11 PM.
 
Old 07-26-2004, 11:34 PM   #38
insyte
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2004
Distribution: Slackware Current
Posts: 308

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally posted by jymbo
A suggestion, if I may, that your audience might find helpful regarding the NVIDIA installation and/or editing xorg.conf:

- To prepare for and enable the NvAGP module (in place of agpgart)

1.) Edit /etc/rc.d/rc.modules and comment-out the line "/sbin/modprobe agpgart"

2.) Add agpgart to the hotplug blacklist (so it doesn't get loaded by the hotplugging daemon) by doing #echo agpgart >> /etc/hotplug/blacklist

3.) Remove the agpgart module by doing #rmmod agpgart

4.) Add this line in xorg.conf after Driver "Nvidia":

Option "NvAGP" "1"

(I also add these, but they're purely optional):

Option "RenderAccel" "On"
Option "NoLogo" "On"
Option "IgnoreDisplayDevices" "DFP,TV" (CRT and non-digital LCD)
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT" (CRT and non-digital LCD)

Great site BTW...I learned a good deal about the lilo boot graphic. Thanks!
Nice tip, will include it in the site, in the xorg section.
 
Old 07-27-2004, 01:28 AM   #39
vdemuth
Member
 
Registered: Oct 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Distribution: Slackware 14 (Server),OpenSuse 13.2 (Laptop & Desktop),, OpenSuse 13.2 on the wifes lappy
Posts: 778

Rep: Reputation: 98
Just a quick tip for the Nvidia drivers. If you want to keep your existing kernel, and your new kernel nvidia capable, install the nvidia drivers as normal to start with on say kernel 2.4.22 with the command sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6106-pkg1.run, and on your new kernel, run the comand as so:
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6106-pkg1.run -K. You can now choose either kernel at boot time (assuming both are in your lilo start menu of course), without re-installing.
Great site BTW
 
Old 07-27-2004, 02:33 AM   #40
Schrambo
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2004
Location: Western Australia
Distribution: Debian Slackware CentOS
Posts: 102

Rep: Reputation: 15
Great work insyte. I too am in the middle of writing my own Slackware guide but mine is aimed towards being a source for sources of information and beyond installation tweaking and customisations rather than being another already written guide.

Thus your site will now be mentoned in my documentation as a guide for installing, if thats okay with you of course

Keep up the great work dude.
 
Old 07-27-2004, 05:55 AM   #41
Russb
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2004
Location: Sembach AB, Germany
Distribution: Gentoo Linux
Posts: 65

Rep: Reputation: 15
Hey looks really good! Glad to see you looking out of the community!
 
Old 07-27-2004, 06:53 AM   #42
insyte
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2004
Distribution: Slackware Current
Posts: 308

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally posted by Schrambo
Great work insyte. I too am in the middle of writing my own Slackware guide but mine is aimed towards being a source for sources of information and beyond installation tweaking and customisations rather than being another already written guide.

Thus your site will now be mentoned in my documentation as a guide for installing, if thats okay with you of course

Keep up the great work dude.
Sure. Looking forward to your guide.
 
Old 07-27-2004, 09:15 AM   #43
equilibrium
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2004
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 40

Rep: Reputation: 15
instye, i saw you mention that there's this host that gives you unlimited bandwidth, which one is it that you were talking about...
 
Old 07-27-2004, 05:32 PM   #44
insyte
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2004
Distribution: Slackware Current
Posts: 308

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally posted by equilibrium
instye, i saw you mention that there's this host that gives you unlimited bandwidth, which one is it that you were talking about...
It's the one I'm using right now. www.atspace.com . Well so far so good. They have some limitations though, 50 MB webspace, max 200 kb filesize (this one is the killer). But its free and you get ftp access.
 
Old 07-28-2004, 03:21 PM   #45
insyte
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2004
Distribution: Slackware Current
Posts: 308

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 30
The site has been visited >1000 times. Wow.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
QT tutorial vinsky2002 Linux - Software 2 03-02-2005 03:15 AM
looking for a tutorial!!! mio_carpe Linux - Networking 2 01-29-2005 02:29 PM
Need help w/tutorial FreakboY Programming 10 05-10-2004 05:30 PM
Tutorial Marklar Linux - Networking 11 12-20-2003 07:44 PM
How about a weekly tutorial? or just a tutorial Alinuxnoob LQ Suggestions & Feedback 2 04-09-2002 08:30 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration