LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2016, 09:50 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2014
Location: Illinois
Distribution: Xubuntu
Posts: 1,992

Rep: Reputation: 175Reputation: 175
Can't find installation file


I'm looking for this non PAE file of MX-15 see screenshot 30.

But when I go to the download page I'm not sure which one it is.
see screenshot 31.

Can somebody tell me exactly which file I want to download? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_030.png
Views:	18
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	21349   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_031.png
Views:	17
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	21350  
 
Old 04-02-2016, 10:00 PM   #2
Ztcoracat
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Dec 2011
Distribution: Slackware, MX 18
Posts: 9,484
Blog Entries: 15

Rep: Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175
On that page you want to download the one that says:
Code:
mx-15_x64.iso 1.0 GB
That if your machine is 64-bit.
If your machine is 32-bit than you would download the one that says:
Quote:
mx-15.01_386.iso 1.1 GB

Last edited by Ztcoracat; 04-02-2016 at 10:04 PM.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:10 PM   #3
Gregg Bell
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2014
Location: Illinois
Distribution: Xubuntu
Posts: 1,992

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 175Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztcoracat View Post
On that page you want to download the one that says:
Code:
mx-15_x64.iso 1.0 GB
That if your machine is 64-bit.
If your machine is 32-bit than you would download the one that says:
Thanks Ztcoracat
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:38 PM   #4
Ztcoracat
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Dec 2011
Distribution: Slackware, MX 18
Posts: 9,484
Blog Entries: 15

Rep: Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks Ztcoracat
You're Welcome-

Where you able to get mx-15 downloaded?
 
Old 04-06-2016, 11:19 PM   #5
Gregg Bell
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2014
Location: Illinois
Distribution: Xubuntu
Posts: 1,992

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 175Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztcoracat View Post
You're Welcome-

Where you able to get mx-15 downloaded?
I got so close and at the very end of the installation all I had to reboot (I was doing it CLI and as root.) and it wouldn't let me! LOL But I haven't given up on it either.
 
Old 04-06-2016, 11:39 PM   #6
Ztcoracat
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Dec 2011
Distribution: Slackware, MX 18
Posts: 9,484
Blog Entries: 15

Rep: Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
I got so close and at the very end of the installation all I had to reboot (I was doing it CLI and as root.) and it wouldn't let me! LOL But I haven't given up on it either.
Persistence is the key-

If you have to use the GUI that came with the installer and install that way:-
 
Old 04-07-2016, 01:16 PM   #7
Gregg Bell
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2014
Location: Illinois
Distribution: Xubuntu
Posts: 1,992

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 175Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztcoracat View Post
Persistence is the key-

If you have to use the GUI that came with the installer and install that way:-
Thanks Ztcoracat. I would love to install with GUI. I thought that since the target laptop had no OS I had to install with the command line. So how do I find the GUI and install that way? (It's for antiX15.)
 
Old 04-07-2016, 07:55 PM   #8
Ztcoracat
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Dec 2011
Distribution: Slackware, MX 18
Posts: 9,484
Blog Entries: 15

Rep: Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks Ztcoracat. I would love to install with GUI. I thought that since the target laptop had no OS I had to install with the command line. So how do I find the GUI and install that way? (It's for antiX15.)
The installer needs a minimum 2.7 GB hard disk size. Just to let you know.
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=antix

Download from here: (this would be the easy practice)
http://antix.mepis.org/index.php?tit...Page#Downloads

Other wise you will have to download a DE like Gnome, KDE, XFCE or Mate and install it manually.
 
Old 04-07-2016, 08:05 PM   #9
Gregg Bell
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2014
Location: Illinois
Distribution: Xubuntu
Posts: 1,992

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 175Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztcoracat View Post
The installer needs a minimum 2.7 GB hard disk size. Just to let you know.
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=antix

Download from here: (this would be the easy practice)
http://antix.mepis.org/index.php?tit...Page#Downloads

Other wise you will have to download a DE like Gnome, KDE, XFCE or Mate and install it manually.
Oh boy. I'm getting punchy here. Thanks Ztcoracat, but you know what, I got threads mixed up. When you asked if I'd installed the MX I thought I was in this one:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/mepis-64/can't-install-antix15-from-the-command-line-4175576683/

I'm sorry. But I may need that file (with the GUI installer) on another machine anyway, so all is not lost.
 
Old 04-07-2016, 08:21 PM   #10
Ztcoracat
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Dec 2011
Distribution: Slackware, MX 18
Posts: 9,484
Blog Entries: 15

Rep: Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175Reputation: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Oh boy. I'm getting punchy here. Thanks Ztcoracat, but you know what, I got threads mixed up. When you asked if I'd installed the MX I thought I was in this one:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/mepis-64/can't-install-antix15-from-the-command-line-4175576683/

I'm sorry. But I may need that file (with the GUI installer) on another machine anyway, so all is not lost.
Ok, no worries-
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
installation of rhel 5 from usb displays "can not find iso file" for installation mvsr400072 Linux - Newbie 1 12-29-2012 02:24 PM
Where can i find samba rpm installation file? epamuk Linux - Networking 2 12-11-2009 06:07 AM
Cannot find the media containing the installation file error fahadiut Linux - Newbie 2 07-14-2008 12:48 AM
Suse 10.0 info file: cannot find installation source dkpatrick SUSE / openSUSE 0 10-22-2005 01:36 PM
cant find XF86Config file after nvidia installation zabir Linux - Hardware 3 06-10-2004 02:33 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration