LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #31
dugan
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Distribution: distro hopper
Posts: 9,985

Rep: Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569

No-one's talking about it because no-one who was around when due processes against Bill Clinton were initiated, investigated, litigated, prosecuted, and concluded (significant: concluded) will ever want to hear about them again. Steve Bannon said, specifically, that his strategy in bringing them up was aimed at people who missed them on TV the first time.

Last edited by dugan; 10-13-2016 at 04:12 PM.
 
Old 10-13-2016, 03:15 PM   #32
jailbait
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Feb 2003
Location: Mineral, Virginia
Distribution: Debian 8
Posts: 7,891

Rep: Reputation: 339Reputation: 339Reputation: 339Reputation: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob595 View Post
C) Who Else is Running...Please???
Gary Johnson and Jill Stein

-----------------
Steve Stites
 
Old 10-13-2016, 07:31 PM   #33
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,168

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
While I made it clear that I do not intend to vote and don't like either of the two - I do have one question - if those women were assaulted by Drumpf, why wait all this time? And how many if any civil suits were there?
 
Old 10-14-2016, 04:12 PM   #34
bob595
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2016
Posts: 8

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a low vote count election year. People may rather stay home and not vote at all. I am not voting as well.
 
Old 10-15-2016, 01:13 PM   #35
cousinlucky
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: Staten Island N.Y.
Distribution: Antix 16 and PCLinuxOS Mate
Posts: 303

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebizz View Post
While I made it clear that I do not intend to vote and don't like either of the two - I do have one question - if those women were assaulted by Drumpf, why wait all this time? And how many if any civil suits were there?
I am not a woman; but I did grow up with two younger sisters and a lot of female cousins, I also have a lot of female friends!! These facts do not make me an expert in these matters but I have been told by many females that being groped, molested, or raped is a terrible thing to have to endure!! If a woman tells a male family member she is putting him at risk: if a woman tells the police she will suffer more humiliation in the press and also in the courts!!

Males will continue to abuse women until one of his victims goes public; that does not mean that justice will be served!! I forget the police officers name but he continually raped women until he raped a grandmother who went to the police and the courts. Then many other women came forward to report his raping them!! Look at how long Bill Cosby got away with it before he was exposed!! Look at all of the children that have been molested and no one believed their tales!!
 
Old 10-15-2016, 01:16 PM   #36
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,168

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
I am not a woman; but I did grow up with two younger sisters and a lot of female cousins, I also have a lot of female friends!! These facts do not make me an expert in these matters but I have been told by many females that being groped, molested, or raped is a terrible thing to have to endure!! If a woman tells a male family member she is putting him at risk: if a woman tells the police she will suffer more humiliation in the press and also in the courts!!

Males will continue to abuse women until one of his victims goes public; that does not mean that justice will be served!! I forget the police officers name but he continually raped women until he raped a grandmother who went to the police and the courts. Then many other women came forward to report his raping them!! Look at how long Bill Cosby got away with it before he was exposed!! Look at all of the children that have been molested and no one believed their tales!!
I am not questioning the severity of it - sexual assault is horrible, but I do find it convenient that these women NOW bring this up. Did they even report it to someone back then, or authorities / civil actions?
 
Old 10-15-2016, 02:11 PM   #37
cousinlucky
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: Staten Island N.Y.
Distribution: Antix 16 and PCLinuxOS Mate
Posts: 303

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515
Today's cartoons:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crbgo161013.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	23285   Click image for larger version

Name:	crcjo161010.gif
Views:	6
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	23286  
 
Old 10-15-2016, 05:42 PM   #38
cousinlucky
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: Staten Island N.Y.
Distribution: Antix 16 and PCLinuxOS Mate
Posts: 303

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515
Most rapes are never reported to the police for a wide variety of reasons!! The rapist may be a girl or woman's relative; the rapist may be a police office; the rapist may be a woman's boss; the rapist may be a woman's commanding officer; etc., etc., etc.!! Sexual " encounters " are a he said she said nightmare if there are not any witnesses!! If a woman is badly beaten up before the rape occurs she is usually believed; however if she shows no marks or bruises she might be " Playing Games " because of some slight!! Just because a girl or woman did not immediately report a rape does not mean that it never happened!! Two URL's below of police rapes:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/21/us/okl...pe-sentencing/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...eat-of-arrest/

I met a woman on an internet forum many many years ago who blew up at me because I wished her a happy mother's day!! A while later she confided in me that she hated her mother because her mother refused to do anything about her father constantly raping her when she was a child!!
 
Old 10-15-2016, 05:58 PM   #39
Jeebizz
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Slackware14.2 64-Bit Desktop, Devuan 2.0 ASCII Toshiba Satellite Notebook
Posts: 3,168

Rep: Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
Most rapes are never reported to the police for a wide variety of reasons!! The rapist may be a girl or woman's relative; the rapist may be a police office; the rapist may be a woman's boss; the rapist may be a woman's commanding officer; etc., etc., etc.!! Sexual " encounters " are a he said she said nightmare if there are not any witnesses!! If a woman is badly beaten up before the rape occurs she is usually believed; however if she shows no marks or bruises she might be " Playing Games " because of some slight!! Just because a girl or woman did not immediately report a rape does not mean that it never happened!! Two URL's below of police rapes:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/21/us/okl...pe-sentencing/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...eat-of-arrest/

I met a woman on an internet forum many many years ago who blew up at me because I wished her a happy mother's day!! A while later she confided in me that she hated her mother because her mother refused to do anything about her father constantly raping her when she was a child!!
Fair enough, but it still boggles the mind that these women openly support Shillery who in her own right shielded a sexual predator.

I don't presume to know what goes into a victim's mind, but at the same time if they wait that long most chances they would others would not even report it and just keep it a secret
 
Old 10-15-2016, 06:39 PM   #40
dugan
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Distribution: distro hopper
Posts: 9,985

Rep: Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569Reputation: 4569
Quote:
Fair enough, but it still boggles the mind that these women openly support Shillery who in her own right shielded a sexual predator.
Did she?

The fact that Hillary's personal role is so vaguely defined even when presented directly by Donald Trump himself, is probably a factor. I do know that Roger Stone has a partisan book purporting to present allegations about her role, which I'm obviously not going to read. I also know that she wasn't personally named much (if at all) when Kenneth Starr investigated, litigated and prosecuted this into the ground. At the time, I think everyone just assumed she was furious at him.

If the revisionist "Hillary protected/enabled him" angle didn't start with the Trump campaign back in May (when they started saying it), then they're they're the most mainstream source to ever run with it. That doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong, but when it's both a brand new angle and not presented with details in or from mainstream sources, well, it's not very convincing.

Kenneth Starr, btw, is 100 percent behind the Clintons today. Both of them.

(Note: don't miss the point and respond with a Russia Today or alt-right "reference"; your question was why the mainstream doesn't care).

Last edited by dugan; 10-15-2016 at 08:44 PM.
 
Old 10-15-2016, 08:26 PM   #41
cousinlucky
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: Staten Island N.Y.
Distribution: Antix 16 and PCLinuxOS Mate
Posts: 303

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515
In my humble opinion neither Donald Trump nor Hillary Clinton deserve to be the President of the United States!! I suspect that a lot of voters are going to vote for " anybody but them " in November!!
The " Die Hards " who will vote for Ms Clinton and Mr. Trump will vote for them no matter what is disclosed about them!! After the election these " Die Hards " will be at each others throats and life within these United States will never be the same again!!
 
Old 10-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #42
cousinlucky
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: Staten Island N.Y.
Distribution: Antix 16 and PCLinuxOS Mate
Posts: 303

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515Reputation: 515
Some more cartoons:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	holb161021.gif
Views:	4
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	23343   Click image for larger version

Name:	la161021.gif
Views:	4
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	23344  
 
Old 10-25-2016, 05:26 AM   #43
terrylinuxwannabe
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2016
Posts: 1

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Lightbulb There is another way to vote - and be heard

[QUOTE=cousinlucky;5614332]If this "option " was available on the ballot this November; would the voters in the United States choose to re do the election with differen


Election signs that say: NEITHER.......millions of them. We gotta think out of the box!
 
Old 10-25-2016, 07:35 AM   #44
sundialsvcs
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Location: SE Tennessee, USA
Distribution: Gentoo, LFS
Posts: 9,078
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187Reputation: 3187
There are, already, Four qualified names on the ballot!

Two of these candidates have unlimited a$h to spend in an attempt to persuade you that the victory of one-or-the-other is "an inevitable conclusion," and you of course "will never hear otherwise" from a propaganda ministry media that is receiving tens of millions of dollars a day to "$peak the ompany me$$age."

Nevertheless, the fact remains: there are four names on the ballot, and you (along with many millions of others) are free to vote for any of them.

I can't think of a better statement for the people of the country to make, than if both of these blow-hards "lost, resoundingly."
 
Old 10-25-2016, 07:54 AM   #45
yancek
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Distribution: PCLinux, Slackware
Posts: 9,315

Rep: Reputation: 2057Reputation: 2057Reputation: 2057Reputation: 2057Reputation: 2057Reputation: 2057Reputation: 2057Reputation: 2057Reputation: 2057Reputation: 2057Reputation: 2057
Quote:
Fair enough, but it still boggles the mind that these women openly support Shillery who in her own right shielded a sexual predator.
How does someone with no position or official status (Hillary) shield the President of the United States? There's nothing she could have done to 'shield' him.

Quote:
I don't presume to know what goes into a victim's mind, but at the same time if they wait that long most chances they would others would not even report it and just keep it a secret
Having spent years working in the criminal justice system in this country, 5 of which were dealing exclusively with pedophiles and their victims, I would say embarassment or shame (why me) and fear and in many case physical and/or psychological pain. I don't know that it is possible even for psychiatrists who spend years working with victims to fully understand how victims feel. The Victims rarely want to talk about what happened. The vast majority of cases of sexual abuse/assault in this country are never reported whether the victim is an adult or a child. It's particularly difficult when the alleged perpetrator is a powerful person and the alleged victim is not. Given Trump's personality as a dominating person who has a sense of entitlement because he is rich and has taken advantage of practically everyone he dealt with including those he did business with and his employees, I would tend to believe the victims. The most likely reason for talking about it now is that they felt they would get some support and the most courageous person is the first woman to talk about it.

I voted already and it wasn't for either of the above.

Last edited by yancek; 10-25-2016 at 08:05 AM.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] X: "loading extension glx" "no screens found" "fatal server error" (w/ nvidia driver) Geremia Slackware 7 12-29-2014 11:00 AM
[SOLVED] "net rpc" "failed to connect to ipc$ share on" or "unable to find a suitable server" larieu Linux - General 0 11-09-2014 12:45 AM
LXer: Linux Mint 17.1 "Rebecca" Launches in November with Massive Cinnamon 2.4 Update LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 11-03-2014 11:41 AM
LXer: All Politics are Tribal: The Myth of "One Citizen, One Vote" LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 12-02-2008 06:00 PM
LXer: Linux Foundation Releases Statement Calling for National Bodies to Vote "No" on LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 08-30-2007 07:00 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration