Originally Posted by Tejal Siddhapura
Am after some opinions on the following:
1. What is the role of a Linux Administrator
2. What technolgoies do Linux admins use to do there job?
3. What would defferentiate a good admin from a poor one?
thanks for the help
Either homework, or you want answers to interview questions. And honestly, these questions sort of answer themselves, if you thought about it for a minute.
- An administrators role is to keep the systems functioning. That's it. Whether it's 24/7/365, or 4 hours a day for processing one job, is immaterial.
- Whatever technologies they need. This depends on the server(s), their functions, etc.
- Being able to do their jobs, and figure out/research simple questions like these.