Thanx for all of ur replies. I got the problem finally solved.
For some reason when resizing the linux root partition
the PM messed up with the LILO location.........something
of that sort I dont knw exactly.
But what I have done is that I installed a new lilo
(by booting from the CD and choosing to write a new LiLo to
the MBR). and since the new lilo have fresh settings which
doesnt take into account the locations of my kernels.........etc.
so I obviously got a kernelpanic when I tried booting any of them.
which meant that if I can edit the lilo.conf I can get the problem
solved. So I booted from the debian CD and when getting the boot prompt
I typed: rescure root=/dev/hda3
which got me logged into my linux system.Then I opened a console session
and edited /etc/lilo.conf and added the following line initrd=/initrd.img ,saved
the file and lilo and reboot and finito