Looking for some help with a small problem I have.
I have a linux server (RH9) that also has a dual boot with Windoze. I am using a Vigor 2600 router with a 512 adsl connection.
The problem I have is to do with speed. Whan I boot into windows I get speeds of 472, using an MTU of 1458 and RWIN of 12500. No problem. Testing against dslreports-tweaks give no issues
However when I boot into linux I only get speeds of 450. When I test on tweaks, I get frequent stall messages and also get lots of re-transmitts, which is probably why the speed is down. I know that linux is supposed to set the RWIN value itself. (MTU 1458)
I am using the same hardware under the same circumstances.
What I would like is any advise, suggestions,tweaks, test etc. I have looked at the ip setting in /proc/sys/net/core but seem to have no effect (am i changing the correct files).
Pulling my hair out now