LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2010, 01:58 AM   #1
cola
Senior Member
 
Registered: Sep 2007
Location: Dhaka,Bangladesh
Distribution: Debian
Posts: 1,031

Rep: Reputation: 64
Which file contains konqueror browser identification?


Which file contains this line:
Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/4.2; Linux 2.6.29.6-smp; X11; i686) KHTML/4.2.4 (like Gecko)
I want to edit this line.
 
Old 04-19-2010, 03:20 AM   #2
zytsef
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Distribution: Slackware, Ubuntu
Posts: 168

Rep: Reputation: 30
Most KDE apps are tricky to manage through config files, so I couldn't tell you how to do that specifically. Probably the best and certainly easiest solution is to go to Tools --> Change Browser Identification in the Konqueror menu.
 
Old 04-19-2010, 04:28 AM   #3
knudfl
LQ 5k Club
 
Registered: Jan 2008
Location: Copenhagen DK
Distribution: PCLinuxOS2019 CentOS6.10 CentOS7.5 + 50+ other Linux OS, for test only.
Posts: 17,206

Rep: Reputation: 3545Reputation: 3545Reputation: 3545Reputation: 3545Reputation: 3545Reputation: 3545Reputation: 3545Reputation: 3545Reputation: 3545Reputation: 3545Reputation: 3545
The text line, that you quote, is not from a text file on your OS.
This information is compiled into a binary.
May be more or less readable in the source code.
The text line can be read, when you e.g. open :
Konqueror > Settings > 'Browser Identification'.

You can add a "Site Specific Identification", and that info
will most certainly be written to a file in ~.kde4/share/config/
( I don't know which one.)
.....
 
Old 04-19-2010, 04:33 AM   #4
cola
Senior Member
 
Registered: Sep 2007
Location: Dhaka,Bangladesh
Distribution: Debian
Posts: 1,031

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by zytsef View Post
Most KDE apps are tricky to manage through config files, so I couldn't tell you how to do that specifically. Probably the best and certainly easiest solution is to go to Tools --> Change Browser Identification in the Konqueror menu.
You can't edit/change or add something to that line from Tools-->Change Browser Identification.
 
Old 04-19-2010, 04:35 AM   #5
cola
Senior Member
 
Registered: Sep 2007
Location: Dhaka,Bangladesh
Distribution: Debian
Posts: 1,031

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by knudfl View Post
The text line, that you quote, is not from a text file on your OS.
This information is compiled into a binary.
May be more or less readable in the source code.
The text line can be read, when you e.g. open :
Konqueror > Settings > 'Browser Identification'.

You can add a "Site Specific Identification", and that info
will most certainly be written to a file in ~.kde4/share/config/
( I don't know which one.)
.....
There is nothing such file in /.kde/share/config to edit.
(konquerorrc)

Last edited by cola; 04-19-2010 at 04:36 AM.
 
Old 04-19-2010, 04:59 AM   #6
IW2B
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2008
Location: Denmark
Distribution: Fedora, Ubuntu, Solaris
Posts: 35

Rep: Reputation: 19
Hi,

I agree that the menu option is probably the better way to do it. On My Fedora 12 system, Konqueror Version 4.4.2 (KDE 4.4.2):

Before:

Code:
#cat ~/.kde/share/config/kio_httprc
[$Version]
update_info=kioslave.upd:kde2.2/r1,kioslave.upd:kde2.2/r2
After changing in via the menu:

Code:
[$Version]
update_info=kioslave.upd:kde2.2/r1,kioslave.upd:kde2.2/r2

[www.fedoraproject.org]
UserAgent=Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; i686 Linux; en_US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120121 Firefox/3.0.5
Ian
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:28 AM   #7
cola
Senior Member
 
Registered: Sep 2007
Location: Dhaka,Bangladesh
Distribution: Debian
Posts: 1,031

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by IW2B View Post
Hi,

I agree that the menu option is probably the better way to do it. On My Fedora 12 system, Konqueror Version 4.4.2 (KDE 4.4.2):

Before:

Code:
#cat ~/.kde/share/config/kio_httprc
[$Version]
update_info=kioslave.upd:kde2.2/r1,kioslave.upd:kde2.2/r2
After changing in via the menu:

Code:
[$Version]
update_info=kioslave.upd:kde2.2/r1,kioslave.upd:kde2.2/r2

[www.fedoraproject.org]
UserAgent=Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; i686 Linux; en_US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120121 Firefox/3.0.5
Ian
Thanks for finding this file.
I will try this and let you know the result after editing.
 
Old 04-19-2010, 05:42 AM   #8
cola
Senior Member
 
Registered: Sep 2007
Location: Dhaka,Bangladesh
Distribution: Debian
Posts: 1,031

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 64
This is a test post.
 
Old 04-19-2010, 05:57 AM   #9
cola
Senior Member
 
Registered: Sep 2007
Location: Dhaka,Bangladesh
Distribution: Debian
Posts: 1,031

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by IW2B View Post
Hi,

I agree that the menu option is probably the better way to do it. On My Fedora 12 system, Konqueror Version 4.4.2 (KDE 4.4.2):

Before:

Code:
#cat ~/.kde/share/config/kio_httprc
[$Version]
update_info=kioslave.upd:kde2.2/r1,kioslave.upd:kde2.2/r2
After changing in via the menu:

Code:
[$Version]
update_info=kioslave.upd:kde2.2/r1,kioslave.upd:kde2.2/r2

[www.fedoraproject.org]
UserAgent=Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; i686 Linux; en_US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120121 Firefox/3.0.5
Ian
Thank you.It worked.I edited that line for www.linuxquestions.org from ~/kde/share/config/kio_httprc
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Konqueror as a default file browser in Gnome dubak_SK Linux - Newbie 1 09-04-2006 03:07 PM
Separate Konqueror web and file browser rootmeister Linux - Software 1 09-07-2004 10:35 PM
KDE - Konqueror File Browser tarballedtux Linux - Software 5 04-25-2004 05:45 PM
/mnt crashes konqueror file browser (Mandrake 10) Tremendo Linux - Newbie 1 04-08-2004 06:12 AM
Using konqueror as a browser and file manager. Riichard Linux - Newbie 1 03-21-2004 03:43 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration