LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2020, 03:18 AM   #1
pr0xibus

Distribution: Slackware

Rep: Reputation: 44
Current - Slackpkg+

Morning Folks

So picked up another laptop yesterday and proceeded to install current which went fine. After updates etc I usually install slackpkg+ and update everything ktown etc, half way through I nudged the power cable and it turned off halfway through updates, Turning it back on and trying to re-run the updates again but it didnt pick anything up, weirdly I am unable to search the other repos i.e. Ktown alienbob anymore.

I know that Jack2 and portaudio are in the repos as I need them for gqrx but a search returns nothing

Code:
PKGS_PRIORITY=(ktown alienbob slackpkgplus )
REPOPLUS=( ktown slackpkgplus alienbob )

MIRRORPLUS['slackpkgplus']=http://slakfinder.org/slackpkg+/
MIRRORPLUS['ktown']=http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/alien-kde/current/5/x86_64/
MIRRORPLUS['alienbob']=http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/people/alien/sbrepos/current/x86_64/
I believe you can "slackpkg update alienbob" to update any packages in the alienbob repo so I thought I would just slackpkg search alienbob and the below came up

Code:
root@laptop4:/var/log# slackpkg search alienbob

Looking for alienbob in package list. Please wait... DONE

The list below shows all packages with name matching "alienbob".

[ Status           ] [ Repository               ] [ Package                                  ]
  uninstalled              alienbob                     acpilight-1.0-noarch-1alien               
  uninstalled              alienbob                     apache-ant-1.9.7-noarch-1alien            
  uninstalled              alienbob                     google-caladea-font-ttf-20130214-noarch-1alien  
  uninstalled              alienbob                     google-carlito-font-ttf-20130920-noarch-1alien  
  uninstalled              alienbob                     libreoffice-sdkdoc-6.4.0-noarch-1alien    
  uninstalled              alienbob                     logwatch-7.4.3-noarch-1alien              
  uninstalled              alienbob                     lxmenu-data-0.1.5-noarch-2alien           
  uninstalled              alienbob                     lxqt-common-0.11.0-noarch-2alien          
  uninstalled              alienbob                     lynis-1.3.4-noarch-1alien                 
  uninstalled              alienbob                     minecraft-latest-noarch-3alien            
  uninstalled              alienbob                     opendyslexic-font-ttf-3-noarch-1alien     
  uninstalled              alienbob                     pastebinit-1.3.1-noarch-2alien            
  uninstalled              alienbob                     rhino-1.7.7.1-noarch-1alien               
  uninstalled              alienbob                     sabnzb-0.6.7-noarch-1alien                
  uninstalled              alienbob                     sendxmpp-1.23-noarch-1alien               
  uninstalled              alienbob                     webcore-fonts-installer-3.0-noarch-2alien  
  uninstalled              alienbob                     xalan-2.7.1-noarch-1alien                 
  uninstalled              alienbob                     xerces-2.11.0-noarch-1alien               

You can search specific files using "slackpkg file-search file".

root@laptop4:/var/log#
any ideas what could have happened?

Old 02-15-2020, 07:52 AM   #2
chrisretusn

Distribution: Slackware64-current

Rep: Reputation: 1548Reputation: 1548Reputation: 1548Reputation: 1548Reputation: 1548Reputation: 1548Reputation: 1548Reputation: 1548Reputation: 1548Reputation: 1548Reputation: 1548
Your output of alienbob is missing a lot of programs, like 300+ of them. After accidentally unplugged the laptop (battery?), I guess you were able to log in okay. Before attempting to restart with slackpkg did you run 'slackpkg update'? If not you should. This will rebuild the package database which probably got corrupted.

Last edited by chrisretusn; 02-16-2020 at 05:53 AM.

Old 02-15-2020, 03:26 PM   #3
RadicalDreamer

Distribution: Slackware64-Current

Rep: Reputation: 981Reputation: 981Reputation: 981Reputation: 981Reputation: 981Reputation: 981Reputation: 981Reputation: 981
slackpkg install alienbob is the same as slackpkg install-new which installs packages that are currently uninstalled. You slackpkg update gpg before using slackpkg+ the first time.

What is the output for slackpkg search ktown?

Old 02-15-2020, 06:10 PM   #4
Tonus

Distribution: Slackware-15.0

Rep: Reputation: 514Reputation: 514Reputation: 514Reputation: 514Reputation: 514Reputation: 514
Current - Slackpkg+

I personally would clone the repo and issue, as advised by Alien Bob himself iirc, upgradepkg --install-new */*.t?z