LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM   #211
GazL
LQ Guru

Rep: Reputation: 3305Reputation: 3305Reputation: 3305Reputation: 3305Reputation: 3305Reputation: 3305Reputation: 3305Reputation: 3305Reputation: 3305Reputation: 3305Reputation: 3305

That was pre-PAM though. Now we have pam_ck_connector doing the ck-session registration it shouldn't be necessary for xdm to do it itself. Or am I misunderstanding?

I think the first step to fixing this is a
cd /etc/X11/xinit && sed -i 's/DESKTOP_SESSION/XDG_SESSION_COOKIE/' xinitrc.*

And then, adding unset XDG_SESSION_COOKIE to the top of /usr/bin/startx so that it doesn't try and use the ck-session of the tty it's started from.

I think that would restore the status-quo and then we can think about whether it's better to move the ck-session-launch stuff into startx itself, or not.

I'm still not entirely clear on whether a startx -- :2 vt2 executed on tty2 should start a new session or use the existing one (the existing one won't have the x11-display value however, so that looks problematic if one doesn't start a new session. Before PAM, tty logins didn't have a ck-session.

Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM   #212
phenixia2003

Distribution: Slackware

Rep: Reputation: 873Reputation: 873Reputation: 873Reputation: 873Reputation: 873Reputation: 873Reputation: 873
Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazL View Post
That was pre-PAM though. Now we have pam_ck_connector doing the ck-session registration it shouldn't be necessary for xdm to do it itself. Or am I misunderstanding?
No, no. You're right, and thus the patch xdm-consolekit.patch.gz can be removed.

--
SeB

1 members found this post helpful.
Old Today, 12:29 AM   #213
lioh

Distribution: Slackware

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Just a side node. when I just launch
Code:
exec dbus-launch --exit-with-session
like Eric has suggestet,
Code:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Restart
does not work anymore, even though consolekit helper for gvfs seems to work, at least I can access network shares from thunar.