LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > LinuxQuestions.org > LQ Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password
LQ Suggestions & Feedback Do you have a suggestion for this site or an idea that will make the site better? This forum is for you.
PLEASE READ THIS FORUM - Information and status updates will also be posted here.

Notices


Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2021, 08:06 AM   #1
huzorg
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2021
Distribution: kali
Posts: 30

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Question How i excpect a person to answer


1)If you are not giving the answer, don't spam.
2)Redirect only if you know the redirect is 100% corresponding to the questions.
3)Don't tell the guy, "go do some research," the op has done much that he/she found this website and of course what is he/she doing, posting memes?
4)"Oh, you are using kali and you are a newbie, just answer his/her question, then give lecture after that.
5)In conclusion, just answer the person's question.
HI:5+5?,
M1:GO GOOGLE
M2:ACTUALLY DON'T USE HARD SUMS, START WITH 1+1.
M3:THE ANSWER IS 10.
As you see M3 answered unlike M2 & M1, plus M3 can give advice at the end.

Last edited by huzorg; 12-31-2021 at 08:07 AM.
 
Old 12-31-2021, 08:11 AM   #2
rtmistler
Moderator
 
Registered: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Distribution: MINT Debian, Angstrom, SUSE, Ubuntu, Debian
Posts: 9,731
Blog Entries: 13

Rep: Reputation: 4784Reputation: 4784Reputation: 4784Reputation: 4784Reputation: 4784Reputation: 4784Reputation: 4784Reputation: 4784Reputation: 4784Reputation: 4784Reputation: 4784
Moved: This thread is more suitable in LQ Suggestions & Feedback and has been moved accordingly to help your thread/question get the exposure it deserves.
 
Old 12-31-2021, 08:20 AM   #3
petelq
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Distribution: openSUSE(Leap and Tumbleweed) and a (not so) regularly changing third
Posts: 590

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
That's OK. But they won't know how to get the answer themselves and will come back if they have to do it again.
The best way IMO is to give pointers to help so they start learning how to do these things themselves. Much more satisfying for them I'd say.
 
2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2021, 08:49 AM   #4
rokytnji
LQ Veteran
 
Registered: Mar 2008
Location: Waaaaay out West Texas
Distribution: antiX 22, MX 21 Fluxbox
Posts: 6,696
Blog Entries: 21

Rep: Reputation: 3347Reputation: 3347Reputation: 3347Reputation: 3347Reputation: 3347Reputation: 3347Reputation: 3347Reputation: 3347Reputation: 3347Reputation: 3347Reputation: 3347
Never mind.

Last edited by rokytnji; 12-31-2021 at 08:51 AM.
 
Old 12-31-2021, 10:25 AM   #5
enigma9o7
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jul 2018
Location: Silicon Valley
Distribution: Bodhi Linux
Posts: 1,025

Rep: Reputation: 411Reputation: 411Reputation: 411Reputation: 411Reputation: 411
I don't think you have very realistic expectations, but feel free to live in your fantasy world.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:50 AM   #6
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 25,390

Rep: Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzorg View Post
1)If you are not giving the answer, don't spam.
2)Redirect only if you know the redirect is 100% corresponding to the questions.
3)Don't tell the guy, "go do some research," the op has done much that he/she found this website and of course what is he/she doing, posting memes?
4)"Oh, you are using kali and you are a newbie, just answer his/her question, then give lecture after that.
5)In conclusion, just answer the person's question.
HI:5+5?,
M1:GO GOOGLE
M2:ACTUALLY DON'T USE HARD SUMS, START WITH 1+1.
M3:THE ANSWER IS 10.
As you see M3 answered unlike M2 & M1, plus M3 can give advice at the end.
So:
  1. If you post a very simple question (such as "5+5"), that is spamming, since the answers are readily available if you bothered to look to try something on your own.
  2. If you don't want to think about something you get as an answer, and how it pertains to you, don't ask
  3. If you actually DID put something in to Google (such as, "how do I change my terminal prompt"), you'd have found answers...you didn't
  4. If you're using a distro aimed at advanced users and don't know basics, why are you using it??
  5. If you want better answers, ask better questions.
Did you bother to read the LQ Rules before posting?? Or the "Question Guidelines", where it tells you to do research first and to show your own efforts???
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:58 AM   #7
huzorg
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2021
Distribution: kali
Posts: 30

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
So:
  1. If you post a very simple question (such as "5+5"), that is spamming, since the answers are readily available if you bothered to look to try something on your own.
  2. If you don't want to think about something you get as an answer, and how it pertains to you, don't ask
  3. If you actually DID put something in to Google (such as, "how do I change my terminal prompt"), you'd have found answers...you didn't
  4. If you're using a distro aimed at advanced users and don't know basics, why are you using it??
  5. If you want better answers, ask better questions.
Did you bother to read the LQ Rules before posting?? Or the "Question Guidelines", where it tells you to do research first and to show your own efforts???
yes, actually you are right, but as you see in the conclusion, just answer the person, and plus ma post isn't related to my last post buddy and their is nothing as better or stupid questions ma brother they all need answers, simple.
 
Old 12-31-2021, 11:01 AM   #8
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 25,390

Rep: Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzorg View Post
yes, actually you are right, but as you see in the conclusion, just answer the person, and plus ma post isn't related to my last post buddy and their is nothing as better or stupid questions ma brother they all need answers, simple.
I'm not your "brother" or "buddy". And since you expect things, so do we: as in, ask a decent question and show your own effort. And quit using text-speak...again, read the LQ Rules and "Question Guidelines"

And sorry, but there ARE plenty of stupid questions.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2021, 11:02 AM   #9
huzorg
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2021
Distribution: kali
Posts: 30

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
So:
  1. If you post a very simple question (such as "5+5"), that is spamming, since the answers are readily available if you bothered to look to try something on your own.
  2. If you don't want to think about something you get as an answer, and how it pertains to you, don't ask
  3. If you actually DID put something in to Google (such as, "how do I change my terminal prompt"), you'd have found answers...you didn't
  4. If you're using a distro aimed at advanced users and don't know basics, why are you using it??
  5. If you want better answers, ask better questions.
Did you bother to read the LQ Rules before posting?? Or the "Question Guidelines", where it tells you to do research first and to show your own efforts???
plus you know human interaction research is more better, https://youtu.be/I_ZK0t9-llo .
 
Old 12-31-2021, 11:09 AM   #10
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 25,390

Rep: Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzorg View Post
plus you know human interaction research is more better,
Not watching whatever videos you post, thanks. You were plain rude, and continue to be so.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2021, 11:12 AM   #11
pan64
LQ Addict
 
Registered: Mar 2012
Location: Hungary
Distribution: debian/ubuntu/suse ...
Posts: 19,219

Rep: Reputation: 6519Reputation: 6519Reputation: 6519Reputation: 6519Reputation: 6519Reputation: 6519Reputation: 6519Reputation: 6519Reputation: 6519Reputation: 6519Reputation: 6519
This forum works differently. You cannot predict the answer. And if you do something incorrectly we won't help you to continue that even if you expect that because you will only get into more and more trouble. But will tell you how can you do that better (if possible).
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2021, 11:14 AM   #12
huzorg
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2021
Distribution: kali
Posts: 30

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
Not watching whatever videos you post, thanks. You were plain rude, and continue to be so.
For God sake,how have i been rude to you,if then am sorry, but is better for you to not speak to me again, maybe.
 
Old 12-31-2021, 11:16 AM   #13
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 25,390

Rep: Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568
Quote:
Originally Posted by pan64 View Post
This forum works differently. You cannot predict the answer. And if you do something incorrectly we won't help you to continue that even if you expect that because you will only get into more and more trouble. But will tell you how can you do that better (if possible).
Indeed. But the OP doesn't appear to want to think about why they're getting told what they're getting told. Amusingly, they posted a link to a video in their other thread, which is (essentially) someone following the same instructions that the OP was given previously. But, in video format...apparently, reading the page is a bad thing, but a video is ok.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2021, 11:18 AM   #14
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 25,390

Rep: Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568Reputation: 7568
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzorg View Post
For God sake,how have i been rude to you,if then am sorry, but is better for you to not speak to me again, maybe.
You mean aside from the name calling in your other thread? You mean aside from *TELLING* people (who VOLUNTEER OUR TIME?) how you EXPECT them to answer you?? You mean aside from ignoring the forum rules about text-speak, doing research, and showing your own efforts?? Do you mean aside from all that???

If you don't understand these very basic things, then it would be better if you don't post back until you do.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2021, 11:18 AM   #15
huzorg
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2021
Distribution: kali
Posts: 30

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
Indeed. But the OP doesn't appear to want to think about why they're getting told what they're getting told. Amusingly, they posted a link to a video in their other thread, which is (essentially) someone following the same instructions that the OP was given previously. But, in video format...apparently, reading the page is a bad thing, but a video is ok.
So what do you want, [removed].

Last edited by jeremy; 12-31-2021 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Please refrain from this behavior moving forward
 
  


Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] find uid of a person and how many times that person is logged on. gursewaks056 Ubuntu 2 10-28-2017 06:34 AM
I can not find answer of this question. Please post helpful answer. pritammt Linux - Newbie 8 05-30-2014 06:43 AM
Can a person own a koala bear? philfighter General 82 05-05-2005 02:16 PM
OT? -- Find all domains registered by a person? Jim Miller Linux - Security 1 04-17-2002 02:56 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > LinuxQuestions.org > LQ Suggestions & Feedback

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration