Neverwinter Online with wine 64-bit 1.6-rc4
Background: this is for a 64-bit linux system with alsa installed and no pulseaudio. Derived from: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...estingId=78390 and http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...estingId=78500 with a few tweaks for my setup.
- Download Neverwinter Online.
- We can't use 64-bit with a 32-bit compatibility layer (WoW) in this case as winetricks won't install ie8 correctly, so we force a 32-bit wine.
- (Optional) Set the WINEPREFIX variable. For some strange reason, if you point the wineprefix to a folder that already exists you'll get an error about "WINEARCH set to win32 but is a 64-bit installation."
- Now configure a few options in wine to make the game run better.
-Graphics->Automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows
-Graphics->*Don't* allow the window manager to decorate the windows
-Graphics->*Don't* allow the window manager to control the windows
-Graphics->Emulate a virtual desktop (resolution same size as your monitor). This will significantly increase your FPS.
- Install IE 8. This solves the problem if you try to use wine's built-in version of IE, where you press the "Login" button from the launcher and nothing happens. Code:
- Now install Neverwinter. Code:
wine "/game_location/Neverwinter NW.1.20130416a.6/setup.exe"
- Now double-click the wine shortcut file to start Neverwinter. Click on Options->Advanced Options and type -enablerawinputsupport 0. The camera will be very jerky when moving the mouse: this fixes it.
- When you successfully login the first time, after the initial loading bar you'll see another window that takes forever. This is normal, just wait it out or try restarting. As noted in the comments, you can fix this by finding your video card PCI device and vendor ID and adding it to the wine registry with regedit. This may help: http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys
- Inside game options, turn on vertical sync and set mode to full screen. I didn't need to modify the other settings much.
Total Comments 1
Posted 07-05-2013 at 06:24 PM by kingbeowulf