Couple of oddities with YaST & my internet install of 10.2 on my Acer laptop.
I used the www.mirrorservice.org
mirror and /sites/ftp.opensuse.org/pub/opensuse/distribution/10.2/repo/oss
as directory. At the point where it looked for an update repository, it found one and also offered two more for additional packages, one being download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/non-oss
and the other download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/debug
. The first worked OK, but the second didn't connect. I had a look in a browser and found it empty except for an empty file named WILL_FOLLOW_NEXT_WEEK
The other problem was after installing libdvdcss
from the videolan.org
site. Either this site or the Pacman site caused YaST to hang up while updating the catalogue. I couldn't even get in to the Installation Sources function. In the end I found that I could run it from the command line and disable the extra sources there. I left just the install mirrors and the update repo, and it is now working fine.
So far 10.2 is behaving, though Thunderbird is a bit flaky. I added the Mozilla repository, and updated both Firefox & TBird to the latest versions, so this isn't a Suse problem.
The only things which don't work yet are the display which won't go to 1280x800, and the battery monitor. I have and Acer TravelMate 2304 WLMi. The display was fine with 10.1, but the battery monitor only works with Ubuntu! I still haven't had the time to investigate 915resolution to tweak XOrg.