No files are copied to disk
I boot from a floppy disk with the "bare.i" kernel and the "install.1" and "install.2" disks. Into the setup menu I am able to select the target and the source. The source is on a mounted drive on my disk.
Step by step until I get problems:
- OK : selection of installation media - mounted partition
- OK : package series selection ("A Base Linux System" is found on my mounted drive)
- OK : would you like to go to the install section? - yes
- OK : select prompting mode - full
- ? : Installing all software packages - It seams like not working, because my hard drive doesn't make any sound.
- ? : Installation is done - But I don't find any new files on my hard disk. Allthough I can create files on the drive.
- OK : I try to use the kernel from the installation boot disk
- FAILURE : the attempt to format the floppy disk has failed, probably due to a bad media - that is not right, my disk is ok, I tried several.
Further I am not able to passwd and I got a "No free space" message a couple of times.
Do you have an idea?