Originally Posted by staus
Problem solved. Evidently, slackpkg upgrades changed the blacklist.conf file, so a separate ipv6.conf file is needed to prevent this from happening in the future.
Well, in the interest of fairness to slackpkg, it didn't change it unless you told it do so. It doesn't automatically overwrite
config files - it asks what you want to do.
That being said, this sort of thing is *exactly* why I prefer to leave system-provided files alone if at all possible. Instead of editing /etc/profile, I add custom scripts in /etc/profile.d/ ; instead of editing the modprobe files, I make custom files (with sensible names). These things make it easier to upgrade - I don't have to diff the files, because I know I didn't edit them, so I can just overwrite blindly.