SlackwareThis Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
Yes, that is what I am talking about. I use that approach to get clean packages (that don't accidentally use an optional dependency I also have installed) to use them on other machines, and to get 32 bit packages to use them for multilib.
It is also a good way to rule out configuration problems when errors appear.
I am not on my system now but, as far as I remember, I upgraded libdrm, mesa (fpr 32 and 64 bits), llvm and I think that is it. I used the stock SlackBuild and for mesa I used the on this thread (with a few modifications for the 32bits version, of course).
Yes, it worked pretty fine (I didn't have to edit the SlackBuilds, only the version numbers). The issues I am having is: Firefox crashing (it never crashed before and I don't know if it is related but it might be) and one I am sure it is related is: every once in a while my system/video freezes after coming back of a screensaver or the screen comes back on a weird orientation.
any chance of someone re-explaining this (pretend your talking to a 6 year old). I'm completely lost as to what i need to re-compile, using exactly which sbo's,
i'm once again getting the same errors as the original post. This thread has over a 1000 hits, i'm sure i'm not the only one who needs help.
thanks very much for your time.
Last edited by Dr.Thodt; 04-18-2014 at 05:19 PM.