UbuntuThis forum is for the discussion of Ubuntu Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
This is the third time Ive tryed to install on my desktop. My laptop went fine. Anyhow I did a clean install ereased everthing, installation went fine but when it tryes to load xserver, I get a message saying it may not be configured correctly, etc. I tryed configureing it but I still get the same problem. Im looking at the log right now and there are a few warnings.
1.The direcory /usr/share/x11/fonts/cyrillic does not exist entry deleted from font path
2. The directory /usr/share/x11/fonts/CID does not exist entry deleted from font path.
3. fonts.dir not found (or not valid) in /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf .d/dirs/CID Entry deleted from font path
4. Open APM failed (/dev/apm_bios) (No such Device)
5. Ignorin request to load module GLcore
6. skipping /usr/x11r/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a:m_debug_clip.o: No symbols found (there are 3 of these with different debug files.)
And thats it. I sure hope you guys can help!! This is a dell 4700 3.0 w/HT 1GB ram