LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - News
User Name
Password
Linux - News This forum is for original Linux News. If you'd like to write content for LQ, feel free to contact us.
All threads in the forum need to be approved before they will appear.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2006, 09:42 PM   #1
jeremy
root

Distribution: Debian, Red Hat, Slackware, Fedora, Ubuntu

Rep: Reputation: 4084Reputation: 4084Reputation: 4084Reputation: 4084Reputation: 4084Reputation: 4084Reputation: 4084Reputation: 4084Reputation: 4084Reputation: 4084Reputation: 4084
How to Help LinuxQuestions.org

I'm often asked by members how they can help LQ, so I decided to put some ideas in this thread for reference. We are always looking for volunteers. For what you ask? We need members interested in writing Articles, Tutorials, and Reviews, people interested in helping with the LQ Wiki (this can be anything from writing new content, to adding to existing content, to editing/correcting grammar), members interested in helping with 0 reply threads (remember you can now search by keyword for 0 reply threads) and welcoming new members in the intro forum, and much more. If you have a specific skill that you think LQ would benefit from, don't hesitate to contact us. As always, thanks for supporting LQ.

--jeremy

Old 01-15-2006, 08:07 PM   #2
abaldwin
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Fedora

Rep: Reputation: 0
to be of service

Perhaps I could freely offer my services as a translator to the site.
I can translate articles, how-tos, etc. to/from
English, French, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil).

Peut ętre je puet offrir mes services gratisment comme traducteur?
Quizá puedo offrir mis servicios gratismente como traductor?
Tal vez, eu posso offrir meus servicios gratismente como traductor?

baldwinlinguas.com

Old 01-15-2006, 08:57 PM   #3
clau_bolson

Distribution: Debian Sarge

Rep: Reputation: 15
Translations

I want to help, what I can do best is to translate from English to Spanish. Spanish is my first language, I am from Argentina.
Let me know if you're interested.

Old 01-15-2006, 09:42 PM   #4
iamblg
LQ Newbie

Hello Mate... Hello Mates.. I do My Leave good… to all... My Mother Toung is Tamil.. I can translate French to English...

Old 01-15-2006, 09:57 PM   #5
random guy

Distribution: mandriva

Rep: Reputation: 15
hey i am american so i know english, i know a good deal of spanish but probably i would say that at the moment i am confertable helping spanish users but not writing spanish articles/reviews.

bascially if you need help from me i would like something i could do on the weekends instead of during the week when i am busy. so low matenance things.

Old 01-15-2006, 10:23 PM   #6
Bellae
LQ Newbie

I am currently a newbie in almost all aspects of linux. I see that most of the replies in this thread are for translators. unfortunately, I don't speak any other languages. I can, however, translate the pages into Latin. (Bad Latin at that.) For the moment, about the only thing I can to participate is welcome new members and report any content problems I see on the website.

Hopefully, I can move up to helping others with linus questions soon.

Old 01-15-2006, 10:52 PM   #7
spx2

Distribution: debian

Rep: Reputation: 30
solving complicated problems with different algorithms,solving hard math problems that i fully understand(that would be my skill),and coding nice applications.
problem is im just learning bash and stuff is beeing slow...
anyway i can help in those areas.i can give advice about wich algorithms to use and why.
also i can give reference to good books or articles that ppl should read to understand
what they are doing.
now im a math student retired from all problem solving for some time.
I'm Romanian so i guess i could translate articles en->ro

Old 01-15-2006, 11:18 PM   #8
dombrowsky

Distribution: Debian/GNU

Rep: Reputation: 31
what target?

I'm still confused at who this site is ssupposed to target. For example, I've been trying to compile gcc with a local glibc for weeks now, and I can't get the right configuration yet. I build my own systems, so my comments and questions are going to be about build/devel. Are people here mostly developers? end users? maintainers? wild animals?

-dav4e

Old 01-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #9
spx2

Distribution: debian

any linux user/developer

Old 01-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #10
joe3eagles
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Ubuntu

Need some help?

I'm a newbie to Linux and this site, but I can help with editing and correcting spelling and grammar. I never write in chat shorthand. (Too anal!) Unbelievably atrocious misspellings by supposedly college-educated people drive me insane, so this would be a good fit for me. Let me know how I can help out!

Joe

Old 01-16-2006, 01:20 AM   #11
falken
LQ Newbie

i can translate from english to romanian and the other way arround,i know some linux and if you really need help with the forum or something (forum related) just send an email and i will try my best

Old 01-16-2006, 03:45 AM   #12
rchalkley
LQ Newbie

Novell CNE, CDE to Novell Linux Engineer

Hi,

As a newbie to Linux, although scrabbling fast to be more competent, I thought you might want someone that can give an insite into the trials and tribulations that comes with 'seeing the light'

My track in Linux is as follows:

Linux + accreditation
NCLP (Novell Certified Linux Professional)
SUSE Enterprise Server from Linux
NCLE (Novell Certified Linux Engineer)

I am currently a Novell Engineer CNE and CDE and see the importance of embracing the Linux variants. So hopefully I can help around those areas.

Rgds,
Richard

Old 01-16-2006, 04:41 AM   #13
Sirgaj
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Slackware 10.2

hi... i would like to translate any linux text from english to croatian and croatian to english...
i've been using linux almost one year... but i don't have that experience to write tutorials... except one...

i could write tutorial how to install ati drivers on slackware 10.2... on croatian and english (:

Old 01-16-2006, 05:18 AM   #14
ubuntulifestyle
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Ubuntu, Fedora core 4, Damn Small Linux

Hey, i can do some translation into french am half french and half english...

I can also do some "how to" work...

I am currently studying to become a sys admin...

Anyone need help just shout out!!

Old 01-16-2006, 06:06 AM   #15
vangelis

Distribution: Zenwalk 6.4

Though I am currently browsing lqwiki and reviews to see where I can help, I see that many people here are offered to translate to their native language so I'm offered too to translate to Greek.