LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > LinuxQuestions.org > LQ Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password
LQ Suggestions & Feedback Do you have a suggestion for this site or an idea that will make the site better? This forum is for you.
PLEASE READ THIS FORUM - Information and status updates will also be posted here.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2005, 01:25 PM   #1
bullium
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2003
Location: Ohio
Distribution: Ubuntu 12.04, Mint 13, RHES 5.5, RHES 6
Posts: 146

Rep: Reputation: 17
Question Linuxquestions.org


I tried looking around the site to find this answer but had no luck. I'm sure it has been asked before, so sorry if it has .

What hardware does Linuxquestons.org run on?
CPU?
RAM?
HARD DRIVE SPACE?

What distro of Linux is it running on?


Thanks to anyone who knows the correct answer.
 
Old 01-03-2005, 01:32 PM   #2
masand
Guru
 
Registered: May 2003
Location: INDIA
Distribution: Ubuntu, Solaris,CentOS
Posts: 5,522

Rep: Reputation: 58
as far as distro is concerned i think it is RHEL
 
Old 01-03-2005, 01:38 PM   #3
XavierP
Moderator
 
Registered: Nov 2002
Location: Kent, England
Distribution: Lubuntu
Posts: 19,176
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 430Reputation: 430Reputation: 430Reputation: 430Reputation: 430
Moved: This thread is more suitable in Website Feedback and Suggestions and has been moved accordingly to help your thread/question get the exposure it deserves.
 
Old 01-03-2005, 02:35 PM   #4
trickykid
Guru
 
Registered: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,133

Rep: Reputation: 197Reputation: 197
Re: Linuxquestions.org

Quote:
Originally posted by bullium
I tried looking around the site to find this answer but had no luck. I'm sure it has been asked before, so sorry if it has .

What hardware does Linuxquestons.org run on?
CPU?
RAM?
HARD DRIVE SPACE?

What distro of Linux is it running on?


Thanks to anyone who knows the correct answer.
It does use Redhat and well, its on many machines with mirrored sites with it.. providing any specific details would have to come from Jeremy if he wants to share this info.
 
Old 01-03-2005, 02:44 PM   #5
bullium
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2003
Location: Ohio
Distribution: Ubuntu 12.04, Mint 13, RHES 5.5, RHES 6
Posts: 146

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 17
Re: Re: Linuxquestions.org

Quote:
Originally posted by trickykid
It does use Redhat and well, its on many machines with mirrored sites with it.. providing any specific details would have to come from Jeremy if he wants to share this info.
Thanks for the info, I wouldn't mind hearing it from Jeremy. I read some posts about how they were wanting to upgrade the hardware, just wondering what they wanted to upgrade from.
 
Old 01-03-2005, 03:15 PM   #6
trickykid
Guru
 
Registered: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,133

Rep: Reputation: 197Reputation: 197
Re: Re: Re: Linuxquestions.org

Quote:
Originally posted by bullium
Thanks for the info, I wouldn't mind hearing it from Jeremy. I read some posts about how they were wanting to upgrade the hardware, just wondering what they wanted to upgrade from.
Well to give you an idea of one of the servers that was donated to us from ASL, its a lancelot series 1U which you can see here: http://www.aslab.com/products/rackmount/1uservers.html

Can't remember the exact model that was donated but that should give you an idea. One of the others is a Penguin box I do believe.
 
Old 01-03-2005, 03:18 PM   #7
bullium
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2003
Location: Ohio
Distribution: Ubuntu 12.04, Mint 13, RHES 5.5, RHES 6
Posts: 146

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 17
Re: Re: Re: Re: Linuxquestions.org

Quote:
Originally posted by trickykid
Well to give you an idea of one of the servers that was donated to us from ASL, its a lancelot series 1U which you can see here: http://www.aslab.com/products/rackmount/1uservers.html

Can't remember the exact model that was donated but that should give you an idea. One of the others is a Penguin box I do believe.
Thanks for the reply...Looks like it could be a really nice rig. Red Hat seems to run smoothly on them .
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Welcome to linuxquestions.org jeremy LQ Suggestions & Feedback 20 04-16-2007 08:21 AM
Which would be better for LinuxQuestions.org? t3gah LQ Suggestions & Feedback 2 04-03-2005 09:00 AM
New to LinuxQuestions.org blues36 LinuxQuestions.org Member Intro 1 11-17-2004 01:56 AM
LinuxQuestions.org will be in the .Org Village at LWE UK jeremy LQ Suggestions & Feedback 34 10-10-2004 09:41 AM
Thanks Linuxquestions.org! ebaca LinuxQuestions.org Member Success Stories 1 02-09-2004 02:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration