LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Studio 13.37
User Name
Password
Studio 13.37 This forum is for the discussion of Studio 13.37.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
plutek
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
problem with alsa-tools Slackbuild

greetings!

i need the alsa-tools package (for the hdspmixer and hdspconf applications) in order to run my RME Multiface hardware. it doesn't exist in the standard Slackware 13.37 repositories.

i've found it in the 13.37 slackbuilds.

i loaded the dev tools SFS.
i did the slackbuild for fltk (the only alsa-tools dependency afaik), and installed it.
i attempted the slackbuild for alsa-tools, and it choked with this output:

Code:
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: executing depfiles commands
gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"rmedigicontrol\" -DVERSION=\"0.3.5a\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -I.    -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng14 -I/usr/include/alsa   -O2 -fPIC -MT rmedigicontrol.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/rmedigicontrol.Tpo -c -o rmedigicontrol.o rmedigicontrol.c
In file included from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gasyncqueue.h:34:0,
                 from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib.h:34,
                 from rmedigicontrol.h:1,
                 from rmedigicontrol.c:16:
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gthread.h:51:16: error: '_GMutex' defined as wrong kind of tag
In file included from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib.h:108:0,
                 from rmedigicontrol.h:1,
                 from rmedigicontrol.c:16:
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/deprecated/gthread.h:126:0: warning: "g_static_mutex_get_mutex" redefined
/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h:171:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/deprecated/gthread.h:127:0: warning: "G_STATIC_MUTEX_INIT" redefined
/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h:170:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/deprecated/gthread.h:135:3: error: conflicting types for 'GStaticMutex'
/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h:159:30: note: previous declaration of 'GStaticMutex' was here
make: *** [rmedigicontrol.o] Error 1
any help getting this to build would be most welcome, or any pointers to an existing package which will install in Studio 13.37... without this, i'm dead in the water!

thanks much in advance... cheers!
.pltk.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
plutek
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
addendum.... all the various tools in alsa-tools are in separate directories in the source tarball. i have just compiled and installed the two i needed directly from source with no troubles.

so, perhaps this is some issue with the slackbuild for the package, or with one of the other tools in the package.

hmmmmmm..... would be nice to solve, but i now have what i need on my system!

cheers!
.pltk.