- Intel Core2 6400 2.13GHz (2 cores 64 bits)
- 6DB DDR2
- Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT on pcix
- Dual Screen LCD 22" BenQ vga
- slackware 64 13.37
- custom kernel 3.4.4 patch realtime rt13
- X 1.9.5 (from slackware)
- openbox 3.5.0
THE PROBLEM :
- Ubuntu was ok with kernel 3.0 and twinview 2x 1920x1080 - nvidia driver 280.13 (it was possibly not 64bit... not sure)
- Now, with nvidia 280.13, 295.59 or 302.17 :
*** either I have only CRT-1 (and the missing half of the desktop exists! I see only the right part) :
"Unable to read EDID for display device CRT-0 ... Unable to get display device CRT-0's EDID; cannot compute DPI from CRT-0's EDID ... Option TwinView is not used"
*** or, I tried the following things and the whole computer freezes immidiately when calling startx.
- saving the edid.bin of CRT-1 from nvidia-settings and use "Option CustomEDID CRT-0:/.../edid.bin" (the screens are the same)
- Force EDID options such as "UseEDID FALSE", "UseEDIDFreqs FALSE", "UseEDIDDpi FALSE", "ModeValidation NoEdidModes", and or course setting resolutions & freqs manually.
- try to use nvidia-settings to enable the second screen (freezes when pressing Apply) - BTW, CRT-0's resolutions are wrong, probably because EDID doesn't work with it.
PS: indeed, nouveau is disabled (and buggy)
There I am... I have no idea what else to try!
Any idea please?