GRUB Bootloader Fails To Load After Fedora Core 5 Installation
Linux - SoftwareThis forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
Distribution: UBUNTU, KUBUNTU, FREE/LINSPIRE, openSUSE, MANDRIVA...am tryn them all out...so far ubuntu is stable
if any one ever faces this problem js do wat i did and reinstall grub by following these nice easy steps...
1. boot from ur fedora core 5 disk
2. type in linux rescue...eventually press enter(when u feel like it)
3. when u get to the command console after going through a few simple steps chroot /mnt/sysimage
4. grub-install /dev/hd*
replacin the star w/ wateva ur harddisk is hdd or hda i got hda...
5. reboot ur system and js like magic
6. if it didnt work tell me i love figuring stuff out