My problem with Speedtouch 330 & centos
I've installed centos 4.1 and wanted to use my speedtouch 330, so I downloaded whatever was recommended and configured it and made it. BUT, it didn't work. So, I downloaded every piece of software/firmware/source code mentioned on this site; tried every method mentioned on here, but still nothing helps.
I'll try to list as many of the problems as I can remember:
1. In my hardware browser, the speedtouch is not listed under usb devices, but is listed under system devices (and it's listed 3 times).
2. One of the methods that I tried required me to have either alcaudsl.sys, mgmt.o or firmware.bin, and wanted me to copy (one of ?) those files to firmware/firmware.bin. I didn't have a folder called firmware.bin or a file called firware.bin, so I made a folder in firmware called firmware.bin and copied alcaudsl.sys & mgmt.o into it.
3. When I tried a different method to configure, I was asked the usual vpi, vci,id login etc. It did all that but then I got an error (235), and I'm sure I once got an error (255).
4. During some configs, I get a modem_run error
5. During various configs, I've been told that certain files were not found, like speedtouch.pppoa & usbcore.
6. Some configs say that my adsl lights will flash for 60 seconds, they never do.
7. I try to use internet configuration manager (wizard ?), but it doesn't show the speedtouch.
So, what do I do ?
By the way, do I need to have my modem unplugged ?
Last edited by sithlord3k; 07-01-2005 at 11:57 AM.