Linux - NewbieThis Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question?
If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
I've installed centos 4.1 and wanted to use my speedtouch 330, so I downloaded whatever was recommended and configured it and made it. BUT, it didn't work. So, I downloaded every piece of software/firmware/source code mentioned on this site; tried every method mentioned on here, but still nothing helps.
I'll try to list as many of the problems as I can remember:
1. In my hardware browser, the speedtouch is not listed under usb devices, but is listed under system devices (and it's listed 3 times).
2. One of the methods that I tried required me to have either alcaudsl.sys, mgmt.o or firmware.bin, and wanted me to copy (one of ?) those files to firmware/firmware.bin. I didn't have a folder called firmware.bin or a file called firware.bin, so I made a folder in firmware called firmware.bin and copied alcaudsl.sys & mgmt.o into it.
3. When I tried a different method to configure, I was asked the usual vpi, vci,id login etc. It did all that but then I got an error (235), and I'm sure I once got an error (255).
4. During some configs, I get a modem_run error
5. During various configs, I've been told that certain files were not found, like speedtouch.pppoa & usbcore.
6. Some configs say that my adsl lights will flash for 60 seconds, they never do.
7. I try to use internet configuration manager (wizard ?), but it doesn't show the speedtouch.
So, what do I do ?
By the way, do I need to have my modem unplugged ?
Last edited by sithlord3k; 07-01-2005 at 11:57 AM.