Yeah it looks like you have java installed. Are you familiar with the VI editor? If not use Midnight commander to edit LimeWire. This is the step by step on how to edit your LimeWire.bin and launch it.
1. Open terminal and launch "midnight commander" (mc in terminal).
2. Locate where LimeWire.bin is installed.
3. Highlight LimeWire.bin and hit "f4" (this command allows you to edit the file)
4. You are now viewing all sorts of interesting numbers and letters. Scroll through and look for statement VM_SEARCH_PATH="".
5. When you find that statment you enter between the quotation marks where java is installed to. In you case as you mentioned it is "/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_05/bin/java/"
6. Once you have sucessfully entered the Java path you enter "f2" to save the document.
7. At this point all you should have to do is double click on LimeWire.bin and follow the installtion prcoess.
Last edited by inescapeableus; 11-27-2004 at 10:12 PM.