Seems I have three choices:
1) Force the install of 32-bit arch using skype-debian_188.8.131.52-1_i386.deb
2) Install the 64-bit ubuntu package skype-ubuntu-intrepid_184.108.40.206-1_amd64.deb
3) Build from the source package skype-220.127.116.11.tar.bz2
I'm leaning toward building from source, and would like to build a deb package from the source and use gdebi or dpkg to install.
So, I have two questions:
1) If anyone has installed skype on 64-bit sid, what method worked for you?
2) Does anyone have a good link for making a deb package from source? (I have googled this and found several howtos, just want to know if someone has a favorite.
Any other thoughts on the subject are welcome!