install skype on debian sid x86_64
Seems I have three choices:
1) Force the install of 32-bit arch using skype-debian_188.8.131.52-1_i386.deb
2) Install the 64-bit ubuntu package skype-ubuntu-intrepid_184.108.40.206-1_amd64.deb
3) Build from the source package skype-220.127.116.11.tar.bz2
I'm leaning toward building from source, and would like to build a deb package from the source and use gdebi or dpkg to install.
So, I have two questions:
1) If anyone has installed skype on 64-bit sid, what method worked for you?
2) Does anyone have a good link for making a deb package from source? (I have googled this and found several howtos, just want to know if someone has a favorite. ;) )
Any other thoughts on the subject are welcome!
Well, the first two options result in an install that crashed when I tried to sign in.
The third option worked, only I didn't have to compile anything or make a .deb package. I just extracted the .tar.bz2 and created a shortcut to the binary location. I had to do one workaround this way (from the README file in the extracted directory):
Hope this helps others. :)
EDIT: The quoted workaround may work on the other two methods. I didn't find the workaround until after I tried the first two methods, therefore I didn't test it with these.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.|