I think you should never
use Realtek's Linux drivers for the RTL8180L-based Wireless NICs. I have a Sweex LC700010 or something (RTL8180L based) and when I tried to install the drivers on either Slackware or Red Hat they stressed my system, outputting "TX Descriptor unavailable" or something like that. When I found out how to disable debug output, the driver still consumed a lot of CPU time and it didn't even gave me a connection.
The thing that works for me is ndiswrapper. Just download whatever Windows driver you want to download, load it with ndiswrapper et voilá, it works. Maybe a bit slower than a normal driver, but hey, we don't have normal drivers for the RTL8180L. At least I don't have it.
A nice tutorial on how to install ndiswrapper can be found here