will explain what a segmentation fault is.
I think your problem is probably to do with the folder/file you removed.
I don't know if this'll solve your problem, but it's worth a shot.
In your home directory there's an Evolution folder. This has all your Evolution settings in it. Backup the contents of this folder to another folder but don't name the new folder evolution - call it something entirely different. Then, delete the evolution folder in your home directory. Log out of that session, then log straight back in again. When you start evolution for the first time in the new session, it'll build another settings folder, try opening the options with the new folder and see what happens. If this doesn't work, delete the contents of the new evo folder and replace with your backup, then log out, login again and restart evolution and it should be back to the way it was before you did anything.
If this doesn't solve your problem, you'll probably have to re-install Evolution from your CD's.
Just as an aside, I never could get Evolution to work 100% with Mandy 10.0 (for me it used to crash either when I tried to open it or when I closed it). I use Mozilla messenger/address book now (this is also on your CD's) and it's worked faultlessly since I installed it.