Hi! First of, im quite new on linux so do have some patient with me
Im running debian sarge and would like to have snmp and then mrtg up and running on the box. I have now tried and read lots of treads in this forum about how to install snmp, but i can not get it to work.
This is what i have done.
1. Installed net-snmp version 5.1.2
2. edited the config file (/etc/snmp/snmpd.conf)
3. restarted the deamon with /etc/init.d/ snmpd restart
4. tried to snmpwalk localhost & LAN IP with this syntax:snmpwalk -v1 -c public 127.0.0.1
5. tried with -v1, -v2c and v3 but all i get is "No Response from localhost"
I have tried to use snmpwalk on other computers in my LAN and they do reply with MIB:s
Anyone on this forum who can help out with this issue?
My snmpd.conf looks like this:
com2sec local 127.0.0.1 public
com2sec local 192.168.0.21 public
group MyROGroup v1 local
group MyROGroup v2c local
group MyROGroup usm local
view all included .1 80
access MyROGroup "" any noauth exact all none none