Persistant determing device IP address message
Suddenly, yesterday my cable DHCP eth0 connection dropped without complaint on my FC4 host. Since then, I have not been successful connecting from the eth0 interface. I have:
1. changed NIC cards
2. changed PCI slots
3. swapped NIC cards
4. cleared /var/lib/dhcp leases
5. manually used ifconfig to set the IP address
6. manually added routes to cable provider's DHCP server
7. used tcpdump and see arps
8. turned firewall off
I know that:
1. the card works, I moved it to another machine and it worked.
2. the cable provider DHCP server will provide an IP address. I used a Window PC, connected it to the cable modem and it received an IP address.
3. eth0 on FC4 will accept DHCPOFFER from the Window PC configured to share connection.
The "Determing IP address" message persists. What am I missing?