Originally posted by crimboll
I have been experimenting with scanning large documents using the officejet 7140xi.
The copy function supports double sided-sources but I cannot see any way to scan double sided. This is frustrating as I have to scan all the odd pages first and then turn over to get the even pages. Then mess about fixing them in the correct order afterwards.
1) XSANE allows double sided scanning. Just turn it on. However, it has a bug (see above)
2) You could scan odd pages single sided with naming increment of 2 starting at 1
3) You could scan even pages single sided with naming increment of 2 starting at 2
4) You end up with files named line page-001.jpg page-002.jpg ...
5) pdf all of them, then pdftk page-*.pdf cat output document.pdf