I am trying to build a new kernel with the 2.6.21 tarball. I am getting an error when I try to install the modules. The error is that the module 'blahblah.ko' does not exist and sure enough it does not. These are the steps that I have done:
1) download linux-2.6.21.tar.bz from http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/
2) uncompress and untar the kernel.
3) make menuconfig and load other config file ( /boot/config-2.6.20-1.2933.fc6 )
4) apply the bmcsensor patch ( http://bmcsensors-26.sourceforge.net/
5) make oldconfig
6) make all ( everything build successfully, even the modules )
7) make modules_install
At this point I get all the errors out missing files. What am I missing here......