Basic LVM Education Needed
Can someone answer some basic LVM questions for me?
1) Does LVM stripe data across partitions or is a particular file wholly contained within one partition?
2) Does LVM help spread the I/O load across multiple partitions (drives)? If so, is it on a per file basis?
3) How can I safely remove a partition from LVM so I can remount it outside LVM?
I'm running MythTV which generates large (10G per hour for high definition recordings) files and am concerned about
1) spreading the I/O across disks to reduce I/O contention during multiple simultaneous recordings
2) minimizing data loss if one of the drives goes down.