Looking for opinions on HA clustering solution
Been needing to setup some clusters for HA - not compute, just HA at this stage, and have been thinking along these lines:
- HA across multiple rooms - hence cannot use SAN as single store, so use dbrd to 'remote mirror' the disks
- heartbeat for the actual cluster failover, with at least 2 links (RS232 and LAN)
- Its all IBM hardware, use IBM director to kill (STONITH) the failed node if I can reach it at all
- Centralise authentication with NIS, one master and one slave
- use rsync to ensure all printers are matched
Alternative - give up the replicated storage, and use a SAN for single storage and Red Hat Cluster Suite.
Most of these customers now have all their hardware, including IBM servers and Red Hat distro from AS2.1 to ES3, running Informix. All have an IBM SAN as well for shared storage.
My question is, anyone doing something similar that might have some nuggets of info (like "nah it didn't work for us" or "watch xxx")? Or anyone got some better ideas that might be more suitable?
Thanks for any help!