ARGH !!!!! I NEARLY gave up Fedora
in fact i tried both the GUI and text mode installation..but to no avail. few problems encountered.
- once it was while installing Perl packages... it came up with the hd full error. it seems like unable to read from the media, CDROM. but i've done the mediacheck all both 3 CDs had a PASS.
- the LBA setting for BIOS.
- then the same thing of the mentioned earlier Perl happened while installing OpenOffice.
- at certain point, X exited abnormally
- and i thought text mode will be ok... nearly 50% (before this all were only about 35-40%) and it just stuck and says need to be rebooted.
Thomas point me to a bug report...hope can find some use and solve the problem.
till i post again, happy new year 2004 to whoever reading this.