Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
A bit of scary story with happy ending. Below I describe how failing HDD may look in your syslogs, and how I "resolved" this issue. NOTICE: when you see I/O errors anywhere, or you see something like this in syslog YOUR FIRST TASK IS TO MAKE BACKUPS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!!! ONLY WHEN YOU ARE SURE YOUR DATA IS NOW BACKED UP AND SAFE, you may proceed with something like "fixing"!
Recently had an accident involving few bad blocks on HDD. The target was Seagate...
I thought I finally have to try this myself at last, so I logged in to my Netgear router and started experiments around MIPS assembly.
It isn't much, though, I think I love this architecture It's really easy comparing to x86.
I guess I started at the wrong place. My first step was googling for "MIPS linux syscall", I was trying to find some easy sample code in order to understand how it works and create "hello world" myself. But MIPS is so easy,...
Long time no posting
Today I'm going to describe my so called experience with gentoo stage3 from 2008, linked against uClibc, a tiny C library for developing embedded environments.
I first met uClibc on my router's tomato-usb firmware. I was amazed when I've seen how small memory usage was, even for coreutils-apps.
Since that I was looking for decent inspiration to try out building my own uClibc-based environment. As I previously wrote (I think I did), I once was an assembler...
Today I've finally make it to reflashing, I was quite busy these days. So, armed with manuals over the net I started the process by uploading .chk of dd-wrt, in order to then upload .bin (renamed .trx) of tomato-usb.
My first mistake was when I uploaded dd-wrt. Actually, that was sorta minimal build, not so fresh also, I am not exactly sure what went wrong but I started to tweak it instead of moving right ahead with uploading tomatousb. When I applied some settings and rebooted it no longer...