LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware > Slackware - ARM
User Name
Password
Slackware - ARM This forum is for the discussion of Slackware ARM.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2018, 04:47 PM   #16
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 195

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled

update kernel 4.4.153
create a basic installation image:
slack-current-aarch64-miniroot_18Aug18-4.4.153-firefly_rk3399-build-20180831.img.tar.xz
slack-current-aarch64-miniroot_18Aug18-4.4.153-firefly_rk3399-build-20180831.img.tar.xz.md5

Last edited by sndwvs; 08-31-2018 at 04:48 PM.
 
Old 10-07-2018, 07:38 AM   #18
pinuocao
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2018
Posts: 3

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
any details about how to create the final img for the only tf card system on nanopc-M4?
I want to compile from source with slackware.
Do you have any document or instruction logs for doing this job. thx
 
Old 10-07-2018, 07:53 AM   #19
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 195

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinuocao View Post
any details about how to create the final img for the only tf card system on nanopc-M4?
I want to compile from source with slackware.
Do you have any document or instruction logs for doing this job. thx
there is a build system for circuit boards.
need to be configured in config/boards/ new board
add kernel config in config/kernel/
create booting config config/boot_scripts/

there would be a board it would be possible to add a configuration

in principle, you can use a ready-made image from the firefly-rk3399, but change the kernel and bootloader in the image

Last edited by sndwvs; 10-07-2018 at 07:58 AM.
 
Old 10-12-2018, 11:47 PM   #20
pinuocao
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2018
Posts: 3

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndwvs View Post
there is a build system for circuit boards.
need to be configured in config/boards/ new board
add kernel config in config/kernel/
create booting config config/boot_scripts/

there would be a board it would be possible to add a configuration

in principle, you can use a ready-made image from the firefly-rk3399, but change the kernel and bootloader in the image
Thx, great scripts. I'm reading your scripts. But I can not successfully run your scripts to get the final img.
For a VPS machine ubuntu 16.04.
//clone the kit
#cd slackware_arm_build_kit/
#sudo ./build.sh
//choose firefly-rk3399 board
//choose legacy
| info | add configuration file 0environment.conf
| info | add configuration file build-packages.conf
| info | add configuration file firefly_rk3399.conf
| info | add configuration file rk3399.conf
| info | add configuration file packages-mini.conf
| info | download u-boot
| info | download arm-trusted-firmware
| info | download rk2918_tools
| info | download rkflashtool
| info | download rockchip-mkbootimg
| info | download rkbin
| info | download linux-rk3399-legacy
| info | start build ARCH aarch64
| info | compiling u-boot master::
| info | version GCC 7.2-2017.11
| error | details build/source/build.log
779 ~/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/u-boot ~/slackware_arm_build_kit/buil d/source/u-boot
780 tools/mkimage: Can't open /home/ubuntu/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/ rkbin/rk33/rk3399_ddr_800MHz_v1.08.bin: No such file or directory

for another VPS ubuntu18.04
//clone the kit
//some error: apt-get install dialog gcc libc6-dev bison flex
#cd slackware_arm_build_kit/
#sudo ./build.sh
//choose firefly-rk3399 board
//choose legacy
| info | add configuration file 0environment.conf
| info | add configuration file build-packages.conf
| info | add configuration file firefly_rk3399.conf
| info | add configuration file rk3399.conf
| info | add configuration file packages-mini.conf
| info | download u-boot
| info | download arm-trusted-firmware
| info | download rk2918_tools
| info | download rkflashtool
| info | download rockchip-mkbootimg
| info | download rkbin
| info | download linux-rk3399-legacy
| info | start build ARCH aarch64
| info | compiling u-boot master::
| info | version GCC 7.2-2017.11
| error | details build/source/build.log

~/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/u-boot ~/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/u-boot
tools/mkimage: Can't open /root/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/rkbin/rk33/rk3399_ddr_800MHz_v1.08.bin: No such file or directory

//==========================same problem
where to download rk3399_ddr_800MHz_v1.08.bin?
I guess it should be compiled by some scripts from sources?

thanks for your help again.
 
Old 10-13-2018, 04:25 AM   #21
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 195

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinuocao View Post
Thx, great scripts. I'm reading your scripts. But I can not successfully run your scripts to get the final img....
//==========================same problem
where to download rk3399_ddr_800MHz_v1.08.bin?
I guess it should be compiled by some scripts from sources?

thanks for your help again.
these errors are due to changes in rkbin

at the moment I am developing a native build on arm boards (due to the lack of x86).
after cloning you need to go to the arm branch: git checkout arm
 
Old 10-20-2018, 08:24 AM   #22
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 195

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
update kernel 4.4.161
 
Old 11-05-2018, 07:53 AM   #23
pinuocao
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2018
Posts: 3

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndwvs View Post
these errors are due to changes in rkbin

at the moment I am developing a native build on arm boards (due to the lack of x86).
after cloning you need to go to the arm branch: git checkout arm
"git checkout arm" also failed.
I'm reading your scripts, but I still fail to get the final img for rk3399 or any other boards...

Plz verify whether it can successfully get the final images without any errors?
or can you offer any other readme or guide files to use these scripts?

any suggestions? Thanks
 
Old 11-05-2018, 11:17 AM   #24
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 195

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinuocao View Post
"git checkout arm" also failed.
I'm reading your scripts, but I still fail to get the final img for rk3399 or any other boards...

Plz verify whether it can successfully get the final images without any errors?
or can you offer any other readme or guide files to use these scripts?

any suggestions? Thanks
Code:
git clone https://bitbucket.org/sndwvs/slackware_arm_build_kit
cd slackware_arm_build_kit/
git checkout arm
I checked everything is fine, arm switches to a branch without errors
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slackware for Firefly-RK3288 sndwvs Slackware - ARM 84 10-24-2018 01:15 PM
LXer: Open spec SBC dual boots Android and Ubuntu on hexa-core RK3399 LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 12-07-2016 03:50 AM
Firefly BSD? Dankles *BSD 2 05-10-2005 02:20 PM
Smartdisk Firefly 20GB USB Travers Linux - Hardware 0 09-18-2004 02:27 PM
Firefly USBee novik4ne Linux - Hardware 2 08-22-2003 01:47 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware > Slackware - ARM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration