LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Ubuntu
User Name
Password
Ubuntu This forum is for the discussion of Ubuntu Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2021, 11:34 PM   #1
Neelpaul
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Headphones have static noise with Ubuntu 21.04 on DELL Vostro 2520

There is a static sound coming to my earphone when i use the laptop connected with some external source like extension cord. this problem was in Ubuntu 20.04 and then i had upgraded now also it is in Ubuntu 21.04. That sound is making my ear goes numb and also paining . I had tried many solutions from the forum and many other Ubuntu websites but non of them worked. That noise cancellation is the shit thing that doesn't work , also a loop-back option is not available in the alsamixer.

One thing is that my battery is obsoleted that's why is use the laptop as connected to the power source always.
EDIT- This laptop is at least 8 year old working on Ubuntu 21.04 64bit ,obsoleted battery, Intel® Core™ i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz × 4 ,Intel® HD Graphics 4000 (IVB GT2),
Sound card- Intel Corporation 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller
KINDLY HELP

Last edited by Neelpaul; 08-25-2021 at 11:39 PM. Reason: DETAILS OF THE DEVICE

Old 09-07-2021, 04:53 PM   #2
obobskivich

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Very likely this is a hardware issue, specifically a grounding issue inside of the machine or between the machine and your site's electrical wiring (if software changes are having zero impact). The short answer is: you cannot realistically 'fix' this on the machine, but you can probably bypass it by using a different soundcard - cheap USB devices are a very popular solution here.