LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Debian
User Name
Password
Debian This forum is for the discussion of Debian Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2021, 01:48 PM   #1
jrchapple
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Debian Buster

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Can't start Windows from GRUB: keyboard ignored/disabled (default boot: Debian)

It appears the keyboard has been disabled at my GRUB screen before Buster boots. Interestingly, the keyboard is disabled when I insert my Clonezilla CD and booted from that. This is a new problem for Clonezilla.

This happened after an update mid November or so, but I haven't got around to fixing it until now.

I think I could be forgiven if I thought something has told the BIOS to disable the keyboard until expressly enabled by the OS, but I am open to ideas and especially solutions. I haven't figured out how to make LTSpice run under WINE due to errors around 32 bit architecture support.

Old 01-17-2021, 02:00 PM   #2
quickbreakfast

Distribution: slackware 15

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
There is a young lady, currently, battling much the same problem in the Newbies forum. She carn't boot Ubuntu. https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...ve-4175687792/ (It's a long thread so grab a drink)

Have you tried updating grub?

Code:
 sudo update grub