LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Fedora
User Name
Password
Fedora This forum is for the discussion of the Fedora Project.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2020, 07:02 AM   #1
fly66
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
F31 - Calibre doesn't run

Hi everyone, I haven't been using it for a long time, so I assume it stopped working after upgrading the system to F31. The fact is that Calibre no longer starts. running it from terminal I get the following messages:

Code:
$ calibre
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/calibre", line 20, in <module>
    sys.exit(calibre())
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui_launch.py", line 72, in calibre
    main(args)
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 528, in main
    app, opts, args = init_qt(args)
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 113, in init_qt
    app = Application(args, override_program_name=override, windows_app_uid=MAIN_APP_UID)
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 875, in __init__
    raise RuntimeError('Failed to load the progress_indicator C extension, with error: {}'.format(pi_err))
RuntimeError: Failed to load the progress_indicator C extension, with error: /home/flavio/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/Qt/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.13' not found (required by /usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/plugins/3/progress_indicator.so)
Thanks,
Flavio

Last edited by fly66; 03-19-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:13 AM   #2
fly66
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
SOLVED!

According to the authors website:

"Please do not use your distribution provided calibre package, as those are often buggy/outdated. Instead use the Binary install described below."

So I uninstalled and reinstalled it using the authors procedure. Note that reinstalling Caliber via Fedora's standard installation tools doesn't work!

1 members found this post helpful.