LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - News
User Name
Password
Linux - News This forum is for original Linux News. If you'd like to write content for LQ, feel free to contact us.
All threads in the forum need to be approved before they will appear.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2021, 01:49 AM   #16
MaryAnderson
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
The polls are closed and the results are in. We once again had some extremely close races (including 2 ties) and the large number of new categories this year certainly kept things interesting. Congratulations to each and every nominee. The official results:

If you have any questions or suggestions on how we can improve the MCA's next year, do let us know. Visit https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...ce-awards-129/ to view the individual polls, which contain the complete results. Visit http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/2019mca.php for a visual representation of each category on a single page.
Yeah Ubuntu is really nice product I voted
https://www.pingdom.com/blog/linux-p...oss-the-globe/
See this article about Ubuntu's popularity

Last edited by MaryAnderson; 01-04-2021 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Missed to write

Old 03-24-2021, 05:48 PM   #17
newbiesforever

Distribution: Debian distro family

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
With these polls having existed for years, I'm sure this has been said before and I just haven't seen it. But I question the usefulness of declaring a winner (referring to Ubuntu) with 15.68 percent. Were it left to me, I would say it's in the spirit of free, open-source software and of libertarianism to acknowledge that the votes in that category were too diverse to allow a clear winner. Because to create a majoritarian or even large pluralitarian winner, you would need the distros or other contestants to outcompete and eliminate some of the others. Free software doesn't do that.

But I suppose everyone knows that after so many years of polls, and that would be why this thread has moderate response after more than a month.

Last edited by newbiesforever; 03-24-2021 at 05:51 PM.

Old 03-24-2021, 06:18 PM   #18
Reziac

Distribution: PCLinuxOS

Rep: Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiesforever View Post
But I question the usefulness of declaring a winner
I count the "winner" as a technicality, but the poll as a useful look at how many users each option has.

Tags
home