LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2019, 10:49 AM   #1
jefsa

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Software Trap Errors

Hello,

I have a legacy equipment based on the Sun SPARCstation 1+ architecture. Slackware 14.1 is the
installed OS.

I am starting to see software trap errors with a code number appear frequently now. These are
causing system processor switches to occur. Is there somewhere under the OS where I can
troubleshoot what is causing these errors? I have checked under /var/log but has not helped.
An example of an error is "RTP B software trap, code $4629 $00000000". This indicates that a RTP
(Real Time Processor) trap occurred on processor side B (online) side. This error causes the system
to switch to offline processor side A.

I have no manufacturing support for this equipment but need to keep this system running!

Thanks for any help!

Regards,

Jeff

Old 06-26-2019, 06:03 PM   #2
greencedar

Distribution: Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa & 19.3 Tricia

Rep: Reputation: 128Reputation: 128
Jeff,

I do not use Slackware, but I thought your problem was interesting and was waiting for a response from a more knowledgeable person to help you so I could learn on the sidelines. Since no one has stepped up I thought I would do a little research. I came across the following document that may, or may not, help you in you search for an answer concerning the software trap errors. I read through the document and in Chapter 4, "Finding Faults in Error Handling Code," for Linux systems, some actions are discussed that may help your situation.

https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-00937807/document

Good Luck!

Greencedar

Last edited by greencedar; 06-26-2019 at 06:14 PM. Reason: grammar