LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2024, 10:58 AM   #16
TB0ne
LQ Guru

Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS

Rep: Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagesh_accord View Post
I am not doing customer job, but it is our duty to meet there requirements and implement them.
This makes zero sense...either you're getting paid and your customer has hired you, or you're not. If you're not getting paid, how exactly are there 'requirements'???
Quote:
I have a point in my question. I know once we secure erase, there was nothing left on the NVMe drive and I even remounted it once again to access it after secure erase. But in order to more deeply prove, that no one in this world can recover any data from the securely erased NVMe drive, I was asking if any experts have some idea.
No, you're asking us to come up with a plan so you don't have to, in order to meet your 'requirement' and get paid.
Quote:
Also read in some documentation that we have "hexdump" command to check on the secured erase drive and it should display all ZEROS. I tried this command on my secure erased NVMe, but found initally some zeros, but deep down there were some non zero values as it was 2 TB SD drive. ok. I will try to reasearch outside this forum as per your advise, if there are no experts to answer about recovery methods/tools/commands. Thanks.
There are lots; this is the part of your job where *YOU* actually do research of your own.

Old 04-21-2024, 10:59 PM   #17
Nagesh_accord
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
This makes zero sense...either you're getting paid and your customer has hired you, or you're not. If you're not getting paid, how exactly are there 'requirements'???
I did not tell I am not getting paid.

Quote:
No, you're asking us to come up with a plan so you don't have to, in order to meet your 'requirement' and get paid.
I am asking expert opinion, if at all there are any with respect to secure erase in this forum.

Quote:
There are lots; this is the part of your job where *YOU* actually do research of your own.
Ok.Since no one knows answer here, its quite obvious we have find out answer else where outside.

Old 04-22-2024, 08:15 AM   #18
TB0ne
LQ Guru

Rep: Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966Reputation: 7966
Quote:
I did not tell I am not getting paid.
You work for customers for free?? Really???
Quote:
I am asking expert opinion, if at all there are any with respect to secure erase in this forum.
You got numerous suggestions, including documentation right from nVidia...how much more, exactly, would you like???
Quote:
Ok.Since no one knows answer here, its quite obvious we have find out answer else where outside.
Lots of ideas here, but again, we *ARE NOT* going to do your job for you. If you have this customer (that you claim to be working for, for free), that wants some sort of demonstration, then YOU need to do the work and figure something out.

Old 04-22-2024, 11:30 PM   #19
Nagesh_accord
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Quote:
You work for customers for free?? Really???
No. It work for paid.

Quote:
You got numerous suggestions, including documentation right from nVidia...how much more, exactly, would you like???

That was Jetson security which deals with disk encryption/boot security for few inbuilt memories like eMMC.
I was looking for raw secure erase feature, which nvidia denied they dont have that feature.
Thant's when I posted in this general linux forum.

Quote:
Lots of ideas here, but again, we *ARE NOT* going to do your job for you. If you have this customer (that you claim to be working for, for free), that wants some sort of demonstration, then YOU need to do the work and figure something out.
ok. Pls dont do any work for me. If you know some thing about the query, reply technically or else you can ignore. I will try to find out myself some where else studying.

Old 04-23-2024, 08:15 AM   #20
TB0ne
LQ Guru

Quote:
No. It work for paid.
So again: this is your PAYING JOB, and you're asking us to do the research and document testing procedures for you, for *YOUR CUSTOMER*. This is YOUR JOB.
Quote:
That was Jetson security which deals with disk encryption/boot security for few inbuilt memories like eMMC. I was looking for raw secure erase feature, which nvidia denied they dont have that feature. Thant's when I posted in this general linux forum.
And that's why you were told several times about various options that you couldn't apparently be bothered looking up yourself. And again, if you're 'duty' to work for your customer, is there some reason the options from nVidia about secure erase were somehow bad??? What was the actual PROBLEM using what the manufacturer themselves said to???
Quote:
ok. Pls dont do any work for me. If you know some thing about the query, reply technically or else you can ignore. I will try to find out myself some where else studying.
Don't use text-speak, and yes...you can actually pay attention and do research of your own, which is what you should do BEFORE posting anywhere.

Last edited by TB0ne; 04-23-2024 at 03:38 PM.

Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM   #21
Nagesh_accord
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Quote:
So again: this is your PAYING JOB, and you're asking us to do the research and document testing procedures for you, for *YOUR CUSTOMER*. This is YOUR JOB.
Sorry, If you have felt like that, my intension was not like that, what you are assuming.I was asking help from experts here as part of my research and study else where, just in case, if they have some knowledge on this topic .they can throw there opinion in short time, with there existing knowledg. Not that they should spent time for my job sake wasting there time.

Quote:
And that's why you were told several times about various options that you couldn't apparently be bothered looking up yourself. And again, if you're 'duty' to work for your customer, is there some reason the options from nVidia about secure erase were somehow bad???
Its not there option was bad, they has an alternate method of disk encryption for security instead of secure erase.

Quote:
What was the actual PROBLEM using what the manufacturer themselves said to???
Not getting what you are telling here.

Quote:
Don't use text-speak, and yes...you can actually pay attention and do research of your own, which is what you should do BEFORE posting anywhere.
OK. I will do research outside and later come to forum for clarifications, just in case. Thanks.