LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2024, 09:12 PM   #1
UrbanDesimator

Rep: Reputation: 6
SDDM very slow startup after boot or logout from desktop Slackware64 current

Hi all I started getting very slow startup with sddm graph login, using verion sddm-0.20.0-x86_64-4.txz. The issue wasn't happening before.

After some checking of sddm.conf and the pam.d files and finding no issues. Looking at /usr/share/sddm/scripts/Xsetup the new adition of checking the OpenGL version and if not new enough swapping to software opengl.
Being an xfce and I dont use kde or any plasma based desktop I removed the below section. That imediatley got sddm startup speed baack to normal, I run qt based apps with no issue's and can see the desktop is accelerated in log.

####
# Make sure that Plasma and SDDM work on older GPUs by forcing Qt5 to use
# software GL rendering if the OpenGL version is not new enough:
OPENGL_VERSION=$(LANG=C glxinfo |grep '^OpenGL version string: ' |head -n 1 |sed -e 's/^OpenGL version string: \([0-9]\).*$/\1/g')
if [ "$OPENGL_VERSION" -lt 2 ]; then
QT_XCB_FORCE_SOFTWARE_OPENGL=1
export QT_XCB_FORCE_SOFTWARE_OPENGL
fi
####

I run an x86_64 pc with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 Ti 2GB graphics card using the nouveau driver.

Tags
current, sddm, xfce