LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > CentOS
User Name
Password
CentOS This forum is for the discussion of CentOS Linux. Note: This forum does not have any official participation.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2017, 06:14 AM   #1
indikaaruna
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jun 2017
Location: Singapore
Distribution: Centos 7
Posts: 9
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Centos 7.4 Requires: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.20)(64bit)


I try to update the skype.
I got following error.
Error: Package: skypeforlinux-8.9.0.1-1.x86_64 (skype-stable)
Requires: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.20)(64bit)
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest


When I check I found this outputh

$ ls -la /usr/lib64/ | grep libstdc
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 19 Nov 1 18:25 libstdc++.so.6 -> libstdc++.so.6.0.19
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 995840 Aug 2 02:24 libstdc++.so.6.0.19

$ strings /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX_3.4.1
GLIBCXX_3.4.1
GLIBCXX_3.4.10
GLIBCXX_3.4.11
GLIBCXX_3.4.12
GLIBCXX_3.4.13
GLIBCXX_3.4.14
GLIBCXX_3.4.15
GLIBCXX_3.4.16
GLIBCXX_3.4.17
GLIBCXX_3.4.18
GLIBCXX_3.4.19


Please help me to solve this problem.
 
Old 11-01-2017, 07:23 AM   #2
FabioCaue
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Nov 2017
Location: Brazil
Distribution: RHEL
Posts: 1

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by indikaaruna View Post
I try to update the skype.
I got following error.
Error: Package: skypeforlinux-8.9.0.1-1.x86_64 (skype-stable)
Requires: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.20)(64bit)
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest


When I check I found this outputh

$ ls -la /usr/lib64/ | grep libstdc
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 19 Nov 1 18:25 libstdc++.so.6 -> libstdc++.so.6.0.19
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 995840 Aug 2 02:24 libstdc++.so.6.0.19

$ strings /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX_3.4.1
GLIBCXX_3.4.1
GLIBCXX_3.4.10
GLIBCXX_3.4.11
GLIBCXX_3.4.12
GLIBCXX_3.4.13
GLIBCXX_3.4.14
GLIBCXX_3.4.15
GLIBCXX_3.4.16
GLIBCXX_3.4.17
GLIBCXX_3.4.18
GLIBCXX_3.4.19


Please help me to solve this problem.

I do not know why ms shift to GLIBCXX_3.4.20, ever since previous edition was working...
I presume they have a lot of Centos 7 and Red Hat users...

Did you find some workaround? I hope they build some version using the previous GLIBCXX.
 
Old 11-01-2017, 07:41 AM   #3
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 21,136

Rep: Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by indikaaruna View Post
I try to update the skype.
I got following error.
Error: Package: skypeforlinux-8.9.0.1-1.x86_64 (skype-stable)
Requires: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.20)(64bit)
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

When I check I found this outputh

$ ls -la /usr/lib64/ | grep libstdc
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 19 Nov 1 18:25 libstdc++.so.6 -> libstdc++.so.6.0.19
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 995840 Aug 2 02:24 libstdc++.so.6.0.19

$ strings /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX_3.4.1
GLIBCXX_3.4.1
GLIBCXX_3.4.10
GLIBCXX_3.4.11
GLIBCXX_3.4.12
GLIBCXX_3.4.13
GLIBCXX_3.4.14
GLIBCXX_3.4.15
GLIBCXX_3.4.16
GLIBCXX_3.4.17
GLIBCXX_3.4.18
GLIBCXX_3.4.19

Please help me to solve this problem.
First, how are you running the update? Via yum, or with an RPM command? Secondly, the system said:
Code:
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
...so did you do either of those things?
 
Old 11-02-2017, 02:48 AM   #4
indikaaruna
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jun 2017
Location: Singapore
Distribution: Centos 7
Posts: 9

Original Poster
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabioCaue View Post
I do not know why ms shift to GLIBCXX_3.4.20, ever since previous edition was working...
I presume they have a lot of Centos 7 and Red Hat users...

Did you find some workaround? I hope they build some version using the previous GLIBCXX.
Still I couldn't found the solution.
According to this thread all the users are waiting for new build to support centos.

https://www.centos.org/forums/viewto...p?f=48&t=64844
 
Old 11-02-2017, 02:49 AM   #5
indikaaruna
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jun 2017
Location: Singapore
Distribution: Centos 7
Posts: 9

Original Poster
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
First, how are you running the update? Via yum, or with an RPM command? Secondly, the system said:
Code:
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
...so did you do either of those things?
This is not a solution to update skype.

Microsoft build the skype with glibc latest version.

It still not supported for centos.
 
Old 11-08-2017, 08:53 AM   #6
elmar.melcher
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Nov 2017
Posts: 1

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
For CentOS7, use this:
https://repo.skype.com/rpm/stable/sk...1-1.x86_64.rpm
 
Old 11-08-2017, 09:44 AM   #7
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 21,136

Rep: Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343Reputation: 5343
Quote:
Originally Posted by indikaaruna View Post
This is not a solution to update skype. Microsoft build the skype with glibc latest version. It still not supported for centos.
Again....did you actually TRY either of the things that the system suggested to you???? If you're not going to answer questions asked or provide information, there's little sense in posting a question.
 
Old 11-08-2017, 02:37 PM   #8
voleg
Member
 
Registered: Oct 2013
Distribution: RedHat CentOS Fedora SuSE
Posts: 335

Rep: Reputation: 50
https://web.skype.com works for me well on Linux.
The product becomes too bad to install it.
 
  


Reply

Tags
glibcxx_3.4.20


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found pigkouinos Slackware 5 09-20-2012 01:41 AM
[SOLVED] /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found IrishLinuxGirl Red Hat 4 08-18-2012 11:13 AM
/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found linux_newb Red Hat 8 08-02-2012 03:42 PM
libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' Please Help orbit Slackware 6 06-02-2008 11:45 PM
Can not find Library libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4) cector Linux - Software 2 11-01-2007 07:04 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > CentOS

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration