SUSE / openSUSEThis Forum is for the discussion of Suse Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
Im using Suse 10.1, everything has been working fine untill this morning. When I start SMART it loads OK, but when updating the channels I get an error message - see below:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/smart", line 194, in ?
File "/usr/bin/smart", line 167, in main
exitcode = iface.run(opts.command, opts.argv)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/interface.py", line 53, in run
result = _command.main(self._ctrl, opts)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/commands/update.py", line 78, in main
failed = not ctrl.reloadChannels(channels, caching=NEVER)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/control.py", line 375, in reloadChannels
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/backends/rpm/metadata.py", line 321, in loadFileProvides
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/backends/rpm/metadata.py", line 346, in parseFilesList
for event, elem in cElementTree.iterparse(file, ("start", "end")):
File "<string>", line 60, in __iter__
SyntaxError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 479344, column 58
I've also deleted channel info and removed SMART's cache and then ran smart update, but the problem still occurs when the channels have updated.
Can anyone give me some info on this, or even how to fix it!!
I cleaned out all the smart data I could find and reinstalled Smart and things are now fine exept I can't get a few repositories to update (think its the Suse build service).
I think what the problem is in the /var/lib/smart/channels directory but not sure. Hopefully someone has a simpler solution as I find adding channels painful unless they're included in konvenientsuse kommander script.
"When data is corrupted in the cache (e.g. because of wrong metadata on some server), the metadata is not downloaded in the next run (becuase it may be fixed) but read from the cache where it's ALWAYS corrupted. So the only way is to manually delete the cache to solve the problem."
I tried deleting the cache and channel data but it still would'nt work, so I eventually uninstalled, rebooted and installed a earlier version, without updating all of the repositories. After the latest KDE update (maybe not even related, but waited anyway!) I again uninstalled and re-installed the latest SMART (0.42.13), refershed everything including all repositories and its now working fine again.