LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2004, 10:54 PM   #1
4x4hunter
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
What Distro for Wireless

I have a Dell 7500 and an MN-520. I tried FC2 and Suse 9.1 and neither seem to work with the wireless. I really dont care what distro i use as long as i can get the wireless working fairly easily. Anyone have any ideas? I tried all the edits/hacks/configs that were on other posts and still havent been able to get it going. FC2 came the closest by actualyl detecting the MS card for what it was. The problem i THINK is that the card is detected as an orinoco upon restart and its a prism chipset.

shouldnt it be seeing it as prism2_cs rather than orinoco_cs?

PLEASE HELP....i"ve got 2 days messing with this stupid setup and still nothing works!

Thanks
Hunter

Old 07-10-2004, 10:56 PM   #2
4x4hunter
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
...Forgot to add.....

Suse 9.1 couldnt detect the card... I had horrible luck with that. Install was ok but I had other hardware issues with the geometry of the LCD screen and ofcourse the touchpad "synaptic" didnt work in either distro..(I dont see why THAT isnt supported in the install)..

Old 07-11-2004, 12:54 AM   #3
flamesrock

Distribution: Gentoo 2006.1

Rep: Reputation: 30
My personal favourite is slackware(never tried it with wireless), but Mandrake and Knoppix would probably have better detection.