LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Red Hat
User Name
Password
Red Hat This forum is for the discussion of Red Hat Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2004, 11:54 PM   #1
poochie2
LQ Newbie

Distribution: RH9

Rep: Reputation: 0
Angry Problems with Hardware RAID 0 Highpoint HPT372 PCI

Hi all, here's my situation:

I got a Highpoint HPT372 PCI hardware ATA RAID card with 2 maxtors attached in mode 0. All's fine and I wanted to install RH9 on a partition built on the array.

Following the instructions I copied the RAID drivers to a floppy, booted from cd1, entered

"linux expert hde=noprobe hdg=noprobe"

It then asked for the needed floppy and Druid saw correctly the partitions on the array. I set all that was needed and made the install.

At reboot the surprise... when starting it randomly freezes:

I once got an error about some files not being found (about some modules);
I once got stuck in FINDING MODULE DEPENDENCIES;
I often get stuck after the the console says the version of the kernel says that some processes were doing I cannot remember what and that 5 minutes would have been waited (with no result... computer got frozen).

Is there something logical I should do (I'll try to give some more details when I'll retry next time) in order to try solve the situation?

I'd also give a try to mandrake 9.2 if only I knew how to give him the drivers of my RAID controller... the producer's site only claims support with red hat, caldera and a few others not being mdk or slackware...

Thanks,