LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Mandriva
User Name
Password
Mandriva This Forum is for the discussion of Mandriva (Mandrake) Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2006, 12:08 PM   #16
nightwalker1977

Distribution: ubuntu netbook 10.04, jolicloud 1.1, and a custom one-off distro

Rep: Reputation: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixq78
XP takes less than five minutes but this KAudio Creator has taken the same time to rip 10% of ONE track.
There must be something wrong. My CD player plays the tracks but I can't hear them.
No matter which Linux forum I ask for help I just get replies so full of jargon and complicated procedures that I've given up.
I use XP if I expect anything to work.
And they wonder why no-one uses Linux.
The problem isn'the OS, it's the pathetic individuals who use it. They want to feel important and exclusive so they make it sound more complicated and difficult than it really is.
You can ask the simplest of questions and practically everytime you get bombarded with reams of Jargon and misinformation.
They want to keep it all to themselves so that their miserable little lives appear to have substance.
I've never been exposed to such a patronising bunch, I pity them.
Wankers!
I'm no expert linux user of any kind. Most would say that I even should not use linux distros due to my lack of programming ability. I dont feel that anyone has EVER been patronizing to me of any fashion. Seems that someone is attacking that which they dont understand. There are many reasons why ANY distro can be superior to microsoft products...for one, stability. Ive used some early betas back in the day, arch and ark linux to be more precise, and some others.... ALL have been more reliable than windows as long as you dont mess with certain settings. I in fact am using XPoop at the moment , and have been assaulted by my own pc with crashes, lost data and even a destroyed video card due to what it has done. So, linux is the way to go, and I will be reinstalling mandriva 2006 later today. Sorry all for being aside the topic, but I had to address the insults laid forth in the quoted message. Linux, mandriva in particular, is really easy to use if you can use your head. And to put my two cents in on the ripping issue, most distros tend to lean more heavily on your physical memory and attached peripherals and accessories' abilities rather than your cpu and such for doing the job(s) at hand. This can make things slower for more intensive applications and uses such as ripping or converting. THAT might be the case here too. Then again, Im still learning, and Im probably wrong.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:33 PM   #17
locoham
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
cdparanoia

I was having the same problem and turning off cdparanoia's paranoid rip quality settings made my drive go from 1x to 10x-12x ripping spead. I am using grip, so I just added -Z to the cdparanoia command line on the rip settings tab.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #18
locoham
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
I was having the same problem and turning off cdparanoia's paranoid rip quality settings made my drive go from 1x to 10x-12x ripping spead. I am using grip, so I just added -Z to the cdparanoia command line on the rip settings tab.