PuppyThis forum is for the discussion of Puppy Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
1. First off, how long does it take to install drivers as i've set it up to install to ram?
2. I have intentionally formatted C: drive because i origionally had windows xp trash on it and have decided to use this computer for learning linux skills. I've burnt the puppy iso image to cd and attempting to install it as i type. If i understand everything i've read then installing puppy would clear the hdd of windows,is this correct?
3. How long should it take to install approx 127 MB of puppy on this particular computer?
Hair was dark when i started to attempt this change over,just looked in the mirror and am now gray.
4. Should i have formatted D: recovery also.
5. How can i wipe hdd complete and save cd and dvd settings as they are different trays?
6. No, i don't have a win xp disc to reload nor do i want one. Prefer to have nothing but linux (even though my knowledge is completely and utterly lacking. I am now on a mission of discovery to finish this install and would prefer to finish before medicare.
First and foremost,
after all the back and forth you did, you should completely wipe your HDD and start new.
This is a good tutorial for a full install of Puppy http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/vie...8540782#201565
In part 2 of this tutorial partitioning will be explained.