PuppyThis forum is for the discussion of Puppy Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
1. First off, how long does it take to install drivers as i've set it up to install to ram?
2. I have intentionally formatted C: drive because i origionally had windows xp trash on it and have decided to use this computer for learning linux skills. I've burnt the puppy iso image to cd and attempting to install it as i type. If i understand everything i've read then installing puppy would clear the hdd of windows,is this correct?
3. How long should it take to install approx 127 MB of puppy on this particular computer?
Hair was dark when i started to attempt this change over,just looked in the mirror and am now gray.
4. Should i have formatted D: recovery also.
5. How can i wipe hdd complete and save cd and dvd settings as they are different trays?
6. No, i don't have a win xp disc to reload nor do i want one. Prefer to have nothing but linux (even though my knowledge is completely and utterly lacking. I am now on a mission of discovery to finish this install and would prefer to finish before medicare.
First and foremost,
after all the back and forth you did, you should completely wipe your HDD and start new.
This is a good tutorial for a full install of Puppy http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/vie...8540782#201565
In part 2 of this tutorial partitioning will be explained.