I have a home made log file that contains sets of filenames of text files and associated notes,
I need to process this file in the following manner:
1) copy a contiguous selected part of it to a new file
(can be done manually with copy and paste up to here)
2) select from this new file the associated notes and filename sets one after the other
3) leave as or change or remove or add to notes and/or to file of "filename" selected in 2)
4) record type of changes made in 3) + filename into a new log file
5) save new files modified in 3)
6) append file created in 4) at the end of my home made log file
I use the emacs editor.
my main objectives are to:
1) avoid typing at the keyboard as much as possible to avoid mistakes
options (in 3)) can be implemented.
Can anyone suggest how to approach this?